Bless you all and keep strong

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Jl1234, Sep 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jl1234

Jl1234 Member

Hi everyone. My name is jackie and my son took his life in february this year. He was 30. The day he died I promised him that if I could help one person in his name I would do so. So I am here to try and
    offer you support if you'll let me. If I cam help one person get through and find meaning in their life Nik will not have died in vain. So I am here if you need me if not I hope you find the strength to carry on with your lives. God bless you all and keep you strong.

2. SweetVitriol

SweetVitriol Antiquitie's Friend

Hello Jackie & welcome to SF..
    I wish it was under more fortuitous circumstances & allow me to offer my deepest condolences for your loss..

Your presence here is so welcome..There are so many who will benefit & gain from your knowledge & experiences..Your generosity is remarkable & I thank you for it.

3. hollowvoice

hollowvoice Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

im sorry you lost your son jackie,youre very brave to want to help people and obviously kind,i know what its like to lose someone special and its a struggle,but thank you for youre support

4. Jl1234

Jl1234 Member

Thank you both for welcoming me here. Your kindness means so much. ANSI I'm really worried about you sweet. I'm in the uk too is there anything I can do for you - anything?

5. SweetVitriol

SweetVitriol Antiquitie's Friend

Thank you Jackie..By being here & showing such strength & generosity, you give me hope..

6. Jl1234

Jl1234 Member

Sweet if that's the one thing I can do for you I'm grateful. Keep yourself safe. X

7. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi Jackie, I am Jackie...your offer is so gracious and welcomed...also let us know how we can support you...it is in this type of exchange that true caring is expressed...welcome and thank you for being a living testiment to your son...my deepest condolences and thank you again for your heartfelt offer...big hugs, J

8. Jl1234

Jl1234 Member

Thank you so much. Since the death oft son I have been in depression and all I've wanted to do is to be with him. He was a beautiful person so loved and handsome. I've always thought that lifes experiences are given to us for a purpose and maybe Nik's death was meant to
    make me help others. I don't know but I do know I feel such empathy for you all and really want to try and take away some of your pain. Perhaps if I can achieve that you will all bevable to ease my pain a little

9. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi again Jackie...although, I, like everyone else complicate life because it is sometimes so damn hard to live, I think our purpose is simple, to show compassion to ourselves and others...everything else seems to come from this tenent...again sorry about the circumstances that brings you here but so glad you found us...Jackie

10. Jl1234

Jl1234 Member

Sadeyes thankyou sweetie I'll be offline shortly but will be thinking of you all. Keep yourself safe sweetie.

11. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

Hi Jackie...I'm so sorry for the loss of your dear son.....
    I too lost a son that way and came straight here for the same reasons as you..to help others and to find help for myself...
    I hope you find this forum as good for you as it's been for me...
    take care..:arms:

12. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum Jackie. I am so sorry to hear about your son. Suicide is so difficult for those that are left behind as survivors. I hope you have found someone to talk with and share your feelings. You will need much support in the future as there are so many memories to deal with and thoughts to be put in place. I thank you for wanting to honor him by helping others. At this site, there are many people that can use your insight. Remember to draw on our support as well. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.