Blissful Delusion

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Inspire&Inquire, Mar 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inspire&Inquire

Inspire&Inquire SF Supporter

I'm going to start of by saying I don't feel like I'm in crisis. I just notice things like how I don't have friends, how I'm broke and don't have a job, how I lost my girlfriend, how schools not going so well. I notice things like I'm going from doing one thing and another without finishing anything. What ought to concern me most is that I don't feel concern, about anything. I live in a state of ignorance or absence of feeling stress.

To explain why that should be worrying - but its not - I don't feel worry. Imagine bills come in and you don't feel stressed to pay them, and pretty soon your evicted and homeless and that's okay too. That's where I think this absence of stress leaves me. I'm 27, I live with my parents. I should be stressed out but I'm not, I'm in my own little world. I'm destined to go to hell in a state of blissful delusion. I would rather feel like I'm in hell and be in heaven. But that option isn't before me.

2. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I'm sorry you feel like this.

Have you been diagnosed with depression or anything similar? It sounds like symptoms of that, and it is treatable. One good thing though, is that you're aware of this state, and being aware of it you can do something about it.
    If you aren't already I think you should talk to your doctor about seeing a therapist and being treated for depression.

I hope things get better for you!

3. Inspire&Inquire

Inspire&Inquire SF Supporter

I don't feel depressed, I just notice these things. That my life is kind of falling apart but I feel good! I feel amazing! That's the problem, my crisis is I can't feel like I'm in crisis, so I don't grow, I don't change.

4. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

That is one symptom of depression, depression is not just lying on the floor and crying...
    Please go and talk to your doctor, it can be helped *hugs*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.