Blocked it out for 13 years, and still can't remember

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by Lizzy95, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lizzy95

Lizzy95 Member

This is really hard to say but I think you all understand. I recently remembered that when I was about 5 my babysitter's son had told me to some things. I can't remember who it was exactly (I had two babysitters who both had sons), how many times, what I did, or anything more. I have this desire to find out who it was but I also don't. I hate the memories and when I was with a guy recently I had terrible flash backs. I've talked to my therapist but he isn't much help. He helped when I first told him but now I just don't know what to do to get over it.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi your memory it is not ready to let the past come back yet sometimes it only comes back in bits and pieces i do hope your therapist helps you in that he gives you the skill to cope with the flashbacks I don't think he will be able to get the memories back you were so young I am sorry you suffered so hun hugs

3. Lizzy95

Lizzy95 Member

He doesn't really give me any tips with coping :/

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Then hun you need a new therapist one that deals with trauma and that takes time to help you heal someone that does specialize in that area of care okay Look around and find one that can help you hugs

5. Lizzy95

Lizzy95 Member

I don't really think I'll be able to find a new one, maybe but I'd have to talk to my parents and I don't want to explain why I want to switch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.