1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

blocked out childhood.

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by Passion, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Passion

Passion Well-Known Member

okay so,
    most of my childhood I blocked out and do not remember at all...
    but then i get these flashbacks...where im a little kid again and everything is happening.
    I knew about being abused physically and verbally,
    but then one day,
    I had a flash back,
    and i saw sexual abuse that i previously had not known about.
    I always had a "feeling" that I was sexually abused, but sicne I did not have any memories of it i just dismissed it.
    and now I know...
    and i was just wondering if anyone has had this sort of experince?
    I really have no idea how i should be feeling about it.
    when i had the flashback, after it was done I was crying and shaking for hours, disgusted.
    and now the feelings are just shut off...
    I was abused by my father,
    my mother knew about it, but she did not know about the sexual abuse.
    and i dont know if i should tell her, because she already feels terrible that she had not left my dad earlier and saved us from most of the abuse. if i tell her about this she might feel even worse.
    i haventt really talked to anyone about this...it feels...shameful.
    it feels...unreal.
    all of it does, the verbal, physical and sexual abuse.
    it just doesnt seem real at all.
    (note: my mother is unstable, she is bipolar, and she has cut herself before. semi-recently.)

2. elliebelle

elliebelle Active Member

I can identify completely. I was molested as a child and completely blocked it out. I sort of knew something was off but I had no memory of it at all. My memory came back when I was 15. I spent the entire day laying in a field shaking and in complete shock. I understand what you're feeling. If you ever want to talk just send me a PM. :hug:

3. ish_me153

ish_me153 Well-Known Member

I can relate to your situation because I was molested and only know half of what happened in both situations...I just know that I remembered the first situation when I was 11, which was three years ago, and when I did remember it all, I broke into tears...which sucked because I was at school and everyone just looked at me like I was weird.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.