Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Caster, Jun 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caster

Caster Well-Known Member

I was just many of you who have had or written blogs in the past have found them helpful, or therapeutic? Also, did many people follow your blog or read it? I was thinking of maybe creating one and wondered what your guys thoughts were concerning them.
  2. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

I have a blog on my own website, but I'm not sure how many people actually read it. Although I reckon quite a few of my friends read my posts now, as I've 'connected' my blog to my Facebook, Twitter and a Dutch equivalent of Facebook, making my posts appear on all three of them accounts.

It helps me to post on there, although I don't post all my thoughts there as some of my feelings and thoughts aren't really meant for my friends to be read. Those things, the more 'dark' things I usually just post on this site in the "Members Diaries" bit. Not sure how many people read that either, and to be honest I don't care that much, as it's mostly just for me to get things off my chest. (although, admittedly, it is nice to think that my words are heard by at least a few members).

One of my biggest wishes is that my words in my blog posts (especially on my website) sometimes inspire other people, or at least put a smile on their faces, or that they can relate.. Guess I just hope to be able to touch people in some way. And of course it's therapeutic to get things off my chest.

Hope that helps. =)
  3. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

Writing can definitely be a therapeutic process. More often than not, it is for me. I think you should start a blog and put your thoughts on paper. I have one and aside from a few internet strays, my friends probably read it to see what i'm up to..
  4. houseofcards

houseofcards Well-Known Member

I have a blog on here and I used to have another one (that i'm getting back soon), and I've found it VERY beneficial for me. I can remember whats been happening in my life since my memory is affected bigtime by the medicine i'm on, and I find it therapeutic knowing that I've gone through a lot in less than a year and am still alive despite all of this crap. It's a big commitment posting every now and then, but to me it's worth it.
  5. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

It has helped. Sort of. Maybe not from the standpoint of re-remembering past trauma, but more just to have everything written out. It's harder for me to later deny that any problems exist when I see what the me of last week or last month had to say. Most of all I write in it so that I will have something to hand over to a psychiatrist when I eventually get around to seeing one, thereby avoiding having to communicate all of it through speech. Now I can show up with a sheaf of printouts, hand them over and say "this is the reason I'm here", then answer followup questions from there. I think that this will make it possible for me to go through with. Without it, I would more than likely show up, get asked my i'm there, stare at my feet and say, "I don't know, nothing, it doesn't matter, I should go". :unsure:

edit- I was talking about the members diary section on this site, by the way. I do have another blog but that is for my illustration business and is geared specifically towards that. You will find no "I wish I was dead" posts on that one... ha.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2011
  6. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

i love having my blog. it gives me a place to let off steam and share things. i used to have a lot more readers but i neglected my blog for a couple of years (it's 10 years old this october). i get about 300 page views a day. mostly from other mental health blogs. or google searches for marmite. hah hah.
    you should give it a go. what do you have to lose?
  7. xsomewhatdamagedx

xsomewhatdamagedx Well-Known Member

i have a blog myself and it has definitely helped me.i have about 3 followers on blogster so far and i was told that my blogs help other people so im happy
  8. Caster

Caster Well-Known Member

Thanks for your support and advice guys. You all have really good points. I think I'm going to give it a try. I think it'd be good for getting things off my chest, especially since I have no one to talk to about anything in real life. Well there's people I could talk to I guess but they wouldn't understand.

Like dazzle said, I don't have anything to lose hehe:).
  9. Jonathan

Jonathan Well-Known Member

I have a blog:

Sometimes it just helps to write down what has happened and to write down your feelings at that time. I look back at some of my posts and say to myself, "I got through that" etc, so I can get through this.

It definitely has helped me in someways. But in other ways, I'm just too lazy to do it and just write down what happened on a piece of paper. (I find handwriting and not typing helps too, I don't kno why)
  10. xsomewhatdamagedx

good luck :)
  11. xsomewhatdamagedx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.