Blogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caster

I was just wondering...how many of you who have had or written blogs in the past have found them helpful, or therapeutic? Also, did many people follow your blog or read it? I was thinking of maybe creating one and wondered what your guys thoughts were concerning them.

Sa Palomera

I have a blog on my own website, but I'm not sure how many people actually read it. Although I reckon quite a few of my friends read my posts now, as I've 'connected' my blog to my Facebook, Twitter and a Dutch equivalent of Facebook, making my posts appear on all three of them accounts.

It helps me to post on there, although I don't post all my thoughts there as some of my feelings and thoughts aren't really meant for my friends to be read. Those things, the more 'dark' things I usually just post on this site in the "Members Diaries" bit. Not sure how many people read that either, and to be honest I don't care that much, as it's mostly just for me to get things off my chest. (although, admittedly, it is nice to think that my words are heard by at least a few members).

One of my biggest wishes is that my words in my blog posts (especially on my website) sometimes inspire other people, or at least put a smile on their faces, or that they can relate.. Guess I just hope to be able to touch people in some way. And of course it's therapeutic to get things off my chest.

Hope that helps. =)

lachrymose27

Writing can definitely be a therapeutic process. More often than not, it is for me. I think you should start a blog and put your thoughts on paper. I have one and aside from a few internet strays, my friends probably read it to see what i'm up to..

houseofcards

I have a blog on here and I used to have another one (that i'm getting back soon), and I've found it VERY beneficial for me. I can remember whats been happening in my life since my memory is affected bigtime by the medicine i'm on, and I find it therapeutic knowing that I've gone through a lot in less than a year and am still alive despite all of this crap. It's a big commitment posting every now and then, but to me it's worth it.

Mr Stewart

It has helped. Sort of. Maybe not from the standpoint of re-remembering past trauma, but more just to have everything written out. It's harder for me to later deny that any problems exist when I see what the me of last week or last month had to say. Most of all I write in it so that I will have something to hand over to a psychiatrist when I eventually get around to seeing one, thereby avoiding having to communicate all of it through speech. Now I can show up with a sheaf of printouts, hand them over and say "this is the reason I'm here", then answer followup questions from there. I think that this will make it possible for me to go through with. Without it, I would more than likely show up, get asked my i'm there, stare at my feet and say, "I don't know, nothing, it doesn't matter, I should go". :unsure:

edit- I was talking about the members diary section on this site, by the way. I do have another blog but that is for my illustration business and is geared specifically towards that. You will find no "I wish I was dead" posts on that one... ha.

Last edited by a moderator:
i love having my blog. it gives me a place to let off steam and share things. i used to have a lot more readers but i neglected my blog for a couple of years (it's 10 years old this october). i get about 300 page views a day. mostly from other mental health blogs. or google searches for marmite. hah hah.
you should give it a go. what do you have to lose?

Caster

Thanks for your support and advice guys. You all have really good points. I think I'm going to give it a try. I think it'd be good for getting things off my chest, especially since I have no one to talk to about anything in real life. Well there's people I could talk to I guess but they wouldn't understand.

Like dazzle said, I don't have anything to lose hehe:).

Jonathan

I have a blog:
http://personal.jargoned.com

Sometimes it just helps to write down what has happened and to write down your feelings at that time. I look back at some of my posts and say to myself, "I got through that" etc, so I can get through this.

It definitely has helped me in someways. But in other ways, I'm just too lazy to do it and just write down what happened on a piece of paper. (I find handwriting and not typing helps too, I don't kno why)

Thanks for your support and advice guys. You all have really good points. I think I'm going to give it a try. I think it'd be good for getting things off my chest, especially since I have no one to talk to about anything in real life. Well there's people I could talk to I guess but they wouldn't understand.

Like dazzle said, I don't have anything to lose hehe:).
good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00