Blood and papers

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Ed., Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed.

Ed. Well-Known Member

Well I've been a bit of mess for a few years now, it's got to the stage where I've had to go to the doctors and yeah so it's all real now I've been given many "you depressed bro?" leaflets to read through and stuff, they've even taken my blood to look at and I'm going back on thursday to see what's what, all I can see happening is the really nice doctor just refering me to some counciling thing. I'm living with my parents now but they have gone on holiday for 2 weeks and I'm on my own in an empty house and I just started drinking wine straight away, I thought I was going to do things that were good for me today, shit...

Anyway, long story short I thought of doing on of those "online diaries"

I always think these things are a load of shit, but then I thought "well, I remember feeling so unsure and unhappy about talking to somebody and not knowing what to do or what will happen, maybe I could share my experiences to help other people."

I sound like a comple dickhead.

I'll do it anyway.

I'm a bit stupid and don't know how to express the words in my head through text.

However, what I'm trying to say is:

5-6 years, I've known things aren't right in my head.
    I hurt myself. That is not normal, not right.
    I'm always unhappy.
    I don't find enjoyment out of anything I used to.

I need to sort this shit out.

I know there are other people out there that are the same, but maybe, are too afraid to do anything about it.

Luckily for me, some people have pointed (or I could say... forced...but lovingly) me in the right direction.

I am going to share my experiences on here (somehow).

So that people can read it, and maybe gain some confidence to go seek help for themselves.

E.g. what happens when you go to the doctors because you cannot sleep.
    what happens when they think something else is wrong. that the world is not against you.

and probably, most importantly...

...the first "counselling" encounter.

It sounds really shit when I play it back to myself in my own head, but meh, I don't care what I think or what anyone else thinks, I think I'll try do this anyway.

I think that is what I wanted to say.

2. lionsheart

lionsheart Member

Hurting yourself will only bring pain to the ones that you love, and it wont solve your problems.
    Many people here have fucked up problems, and we all encourage each others. Yeah... we really care about you.

Tell us why you feel like that

Take care

3. Ed.

Ed. Well-Known Member

Huh? Wha?

4. lionsheart

lionsheart Member

My english isn't good. Maybe I misunderstood something ;)

5. Ed.

Ed. Well-Known Member

Ahhh xD

6. Ed.

Ed. Well-Known Member

Oh noes, I could have sworn I saw some kind of "diary" function on this webbysite, somebody please tell me there is/was and that I didn't just make it up in my head... =\

7. ThinkingCap

ThinkingCap Well-Known Member

http://www.suicideforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

See up at the top where is has the threads for diaries? I think that's what you were looking for. This is not a stupid idea at all, at the very least it can help you work out some issues on your own, and let other people know that someone else is going through a difficult time as well. Not to mention it'll help your writing skills! And it can also serve as a chronicle of what you've been going through so that when things aren't that bad you can look back and remember what you've been through (I have memory issues, so this has been helpful for me in that way).

Anyway, this is a great idea, and I hope it helps! Don't feel stupid for wanting to do it, and good luck!

--ThinkingCap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.