Blood Is The Antidote (Possibly Triggering)

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Black-Rose-Rainbow-4357, Feb 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Usually the urge to cut is unignorable. There's nothing I can do to rid myself of the feeling besides cut. However, recently it's been less and less. It seems the medicine they've put me on this time is actually working. This is a good thing... Right? Then why do I feel as if a piece of myself is missing? When I have the urge now it's easy to ignore, I simply have to brush it away or busy myself with something else. I long for the times when my wrist was covered so completely that it was difficult to find untouched skin. I still pull my sleeves down impulsively sometimes to hide the gashes that are no longer there. I still have my razors in case I need them. Recently the urges have been coming more and more often, even though they're easy to ignore. I want to give in to them, to have at it, but I know that's not good. And if my parents find out I'll go back to the hospital. I know most of you will say that I shouldn't go back to it, but what would you do honestly?

2. Deadtwice

Deadtwice Well-Known Member

I understand the urge is weak enough to fight but you do not want to fight it. I was feeling that way before I fell Ill but now they are getting worse and worse.

3. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

It's like any addiction, in that it'll keep lingering but wear off the longer you go without it. Is there anything else you can do that gives you calm?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.