Blood (Possibly Triggering)

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Zurkhardo, May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

Does anyone else find themselves fascinated by it? I'm not even a cutter and I'm oddly drawn to it. Granted, a lot cutters I know seem to cut more for the blood than anything else. I'm just curious as to anyone's thoughts on this or if they relate at all.
  2. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Yes, you are not the only on fascinated by it. I cut so I can see it. I get a charge out of it, I figure.
  3. Brandon

Brandon Well-Known Member

I also have a strange fascination with blood, or rather, watching myself bleed. unfortunately though, my self harm has been getting a little more violent lately.
  4. Sydx

Sydx Active Member

I am horribly fixated with blood as well.

My inital thoughts when I self-harm are usually to get a controlled pain, but it eventually turns into the need to see my blood. To me, it seems unearthly beautiful -- I can't even explain it.
  5. MRGSO

MRGSO Active Member

yeah....especially since i cut with a diabetic lance(designed to draw blood and sanatized....) so i watch the blood slowly rise up through the cut. the pain feels good. the blood looks cool. Is there something wrong mentally there?
  6. Sydx

Sydx Active Member

Maybe, maybe not... Yes, such an informative answer, I know, but it seems like a rather common reaction does it not? When it comes to the subject I've noticed there are two types of people; those who react to blood with disgust or fear and those who are fixated with it. I've yet to come across a person who views it from a neutral standpoint.
  7. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

I love the taste of blood.

I haven't cut by intention in 7-8 months though...
  8. Feenrai

Feenrai Member

It feels so good to see that I'm not a freak--that I'm not the only one with an unnatural fixation with blood. The weird thing is, if I see someone else bleeding I'll faint, becuase I freak out for them...but my own blood...fascinates me. Cutting was the worst decision I ever made. I just wanted to "try" it one day, initially for the pain...but it quickly became a mix of wanting the pain and to watch the blood...As Sydx said, it trully is "unearthly beautiful," in a creepy, no, you're not alone in feeling that way about it...
  9. IsEmilyCrazy

IsEmilyCrazy Member

I actually hate blood, except when I'm cutting myself. That's the only time I'm ever able to stand it without fainting or something. I always thought it was wierd. When I first started cutting, they weren't deep, and sometimes they didn't even bleed. But as I kept cutting, I would cut deeper, I never felt like it was enough until I could see the blood. So I don't really have a fascination with it, I still don't completely understand it.
  10. Nox Immortalis

Nox Immortalis Well-Known Member

Same here on that last note. Not fascinated, but I needed it when I cut. But I've stopped cutting, so yeah
  11. IsEmilyCrazy

IsEmilyCrazy Member

Good for you. :) Wish I could do the same. . .
  12. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I just enjoy watching things bleed.

Doesn't even have to be me.

Mind you I'm not going to go cut someone to watch them, I'm not that crazy.
  13. IsEmilyCrazy

IsEmilyCrazy Member

That last statement litterally made me laugh out loud. Haha.
  14. dnE ehT

dnE ehT Well-Known Member

Blood is one of my obsessions.

I love everything about it. If I had to choose, exsanguination would even be my preferred way to die.
  15. twistedwhispers

twistedwhispers Member & Antiquities Friend

My thoughts on blood are weird. I can watch it on TV
    & am fascinated by it. But when I see it in real life, I
    get woozy. But lately I have become a bit fascinated with
    my own blood. Like when I scratch myself or something.

I have thought of trying cutting at times but don't think
    I have the guts to. Plus, I have a clotting disorder and have
    to take a blood thinner for the rest of my life. Just weird....
  16. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies everyone. I appreciate the honesty.
  17. Ed.

Ed. Well-Known Member

I like to play with it, only my own though.
    Other peoples blood I find threatening, something impure and unclean and hostile. No idea why.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2010
  18. Daydreams

Daydreams Well-Known Member

Yes, its the blood and control.. I reason if someone could make me a pen, that instead of red ink had fake blood or something, it would react as a way to calm me down.

Something about the color red and stroke pattern has always had an oddly relaxing/numbing effect for me. Replicating that without causing physical harm would be nice...
  19. ofvanityandwax

ofvanityandwax Active Member

Oh, definitely i'm drawn to it. I get PISSED when I don't bleed when I cut. I don't only want the blood, don't get me wrong, but for some reason the blood helps release the frustration. Especially if there's a lot.
  20. spiritxfade

spiritxfade Well-Known Member

Although I don't cut, I am fascinated by the site of blood, but only my blood. I get squeamish if I see someone else's, but if I see mine, i just can't help but watch it form a bubble or just stain my skin or drip.

I hate the color red, but I like blood red (not the cartoony blood red, I mean real blood red).

Blood is the reason I pick my lip/scabs. I like seeing the blood. I don't pick scabs as much anymore, but I used to pick them until they stopped bleeding and turned into scars, because once I couldn't see blood it wasn't worth it anymore.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.