Blood Pressure etc....

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by xXxRNBxXx, Jul 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xXxRNBxXx

xXxRNBxXx Senior member

Ok so im just wondering if anyone else is like obsessed with things like there blood pressure, pulse etc?

Ive bought a machine for it and i keep taking it...over and over

I take my beta blocker just to make it lower....

Hmm i dunno i cant even explain it... nvm :/

2. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I'm not.

But I really should be considering the orthostatic hypotension and all that.

3. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

Why do you keep taking your blood pressure so often?
    Are you anxious about your health and worry that something is wrong?
    If it's a very serious issue for you, it could be something similar to Health Anxiety.

4. xXxRNBxXx

xXxRNBxXx Senior member

I honestly cant even explain myself i have it all up in my head but i cant get it to sound right when i type it so i delete what i have written... i bought the machine tonight and already i have taken my blood pressure and pulse 6 times....

ive taken my meds (beta blockers) i took like 2 of them then im checking my pressure again to see how low its gone. its really weird. these past few days its like im jumping from one obsession to the next......

5. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

Well taking pills to lower it when it doesnt need to be would be bad, but watching over your blood pressure closely is not a bad idea. I guess it is better to look at it too much as opposed to not enough as it is such a risk factor for so many diseases. Maybe try to make a pact with yourself to only take it before meals each day. Then go to every other meal and then once a day?

6. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

Could be it's just something you like doing. It can be fun to see the changes in things. I know when I first got my glasses I was obsessed with taking them off.. looking at something.. then putting them on.. looking at the same thing. It was interesting to see the difference and it was kinda fun, too.

7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

My blood pressure goes from high to low all the time..I see my doctor regularily and just let them monitor it,.Taking your blood pressure once or twice a day is o.k.Just don't get obsessed with it..

8. xXxRNBxXx

xXxRNBxXx Senior member

Well im on meds to lower it... its just sometimes i like to take more as i like the feeling :?

9. xXxRNBxXx

xXxRNBxXx Senior member

Maybe ... :? but then again i am a little obsessed with everything atm x

10. xXxRNBxXx

xXxRNBxXx Senior member

I think its kinda too late for that lol i already am im not even sure why tbh x

11. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I have OCD and I compulsively check my pulse when I am under stress. What you are doing sounds OCD in that you are performing a ritual to lower anxiety or feel in control.

12. Datura

Datura Well-Known Member

I used to be this way. Stop taking your blood pressure. You're only going to make the anxiety worse. Try to distract yourself with an enjoyable activity when you feel anxious enough to check your vitals.

13. xXxRNBxXx

xXxRNBxXx Senior member

I cant stop taking it.. it feels good and i like to know the results :cry:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.