Blood Thirsty

Discussion in 'Poet's Corner' started by mlxjaded, Sep 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mlxjaded

mlxjaded Well-Known Member

This is kind of a continuation of my other poem, Confessions, but not really. It uses a lot of the same words and phrases but it has a whole different meaning so that's why I'm making it separate.

Blood Thirsty

Maybe I crave the pain
    That's how I like
    When old habits never die
    There's no way to fight it
    That urge that kicks in
    The reasoning that checks out
    In that moment of realizations
    I've relieved all my doubts
    I'm blood thirsty
    I need more pain
    Even if I have to create it myself
    This is sorrow worthy
    Sick in my mind
    As I kill the time
    Isn't there anything I won't destroy
    An angel gone wrong out the gates of heaven
    Lost in the mix
    I've been like this so long
    I need my next fix

Just to clarify, this isn't about cutting or anything [I don't do that..] and it doesn't really have a distinct meaning. Just my random thoughts put into words..

2. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

:thumbup: I interpreted it as meaning that it's tempting or hard not to revert back to feeling down/depressed again, even if it's not really in your control. When times are good, it is still frustrating knowing there are down days likely ahead, as there are for other people. Or, sometimes when times are better, it leaves you with an empty feeling making you crave more and if the craving is not satisfied then a down time begins again.. Ehh not sure but that's sort of the gist I got.

3. mlxjaded

mlxjaded Well-Known Member

I feel like everything I write is about the same thing but just different..it's hard to explain. Like this poem here wasn't really about anything in particular but now I'm relating it back to so much. I don't understand...:later:

It's kind of about how I just make myself miserable a lot

4. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

I can understand that. When I was in a psych hospital earlier this year, I kept writing just whatever came out of my head during our 4-times-a-week creative writing class.. a flow of thoughts in 20 minutes.. We had to make up a story about what's going on with a picture we selected from a wall full of photos. When I did that, the stories were dark and reflected my overall mood and state. And later on, I would notice that the stories held meanings that were sort of.. not intended... and that I couldn't try to bring out the same way if I tried again from scratch. Like, for example, I wrote one about a butterfly wanting to fly away and the butterfly was basically me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.