Blood...

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Sycotic_Sarah, Dec 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Does it have calories?

2. I don't know. :unsure:

3. Don't post then :/

4. Wierd

Wierd Well-Known Member

Of course it does, though not that much. It carries nutrients through an animal's system, and if you drink it, those nutrients go in yours. Plus, it's organic and isn't covered in indigestible material. The reason that there's not that much is there's a relatively low concentration of blood cells in blood, as opposed to sugar in soda, for example. It won't satiate your thirst though, since it has a high salt content (about 0.9% by weight).

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2007
  5. Beattles

Beattles Well-Known Member

as a bodybuilder ive heard alot of crazy stories how some bodybuilders would go to slaughter houses, farms, and what not, and buy blood of freshly slaughtered animals to drink, for the same reason as posted above. it has nutrients. iron, protien, calcium, and all that other stuff which i cant be fucked naming.
    anyway, despite these hopefulls attemptes to further thier physiques by drinking blood, it dosnt work. blood dosnt do shit. there was a whole article in a weightlifters magazine a while back and it de-bunked the whole myth.

6. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Bloods do have calories. What is it you were wanting to know Hun.. animal blood, human blood etc. (I was asking because I wasn't sure what you were asking about and I would be about to make a better post with knowing what you're talking about.)

Take care Hun.

:hug:

7. Carcinogen

Carcinogen Well-Known Member

Yep it does. It's difficult to drink over a pint of human blood though, as blood is an emetic, so I doubt that you'd be able to drink enough to accidentally gain weight. Or something.

8. I meant human blood.

Thanks everyone

9. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

I looked at a few pages, and some say yes and a couple said no, but it looks more like yes, there are.:unsure:

10. BOLIAO

BOLIAO Guest

does have cholesterol for sure

11. Pentacle

Pentacle Well-Known Member

How on this Earth would blood help to build your body when weight lifting takes muscle strength?

Blood will have calories because there is sugar in blood which contains calories.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.