Bloody Parents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
SHIT !!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Spent 2 hours in the mental health centre filling in endless fucking forms and trying to get some help with my son.

Come out, feeling like a wet rag, parents immediately want to know what was said....then have a diatribe of this should have been dealt with earlier, someone should have done something (i.e. me) blah blah blah...YOU GET THE PICTURE :mad: :mad:

Fucking parents!!!! Don't u kids think for one minute that parents get any easier to deal with with age...COS THEY FUCKING DON'T:mad:

Where's a stray scud missile when you need one..hits car...we all die ...FAB!!!!

Hazel

SF & Antiquitie's Friend
Staff Alumni
Yeah, parents can be a pain in the ass
(my kids remind me of this frequently) but you know what, they just might want to know because they care..... they may well go about things the wrong way, be irritating, even downright embarrassing but I know one thing, now I no longer have my parents how I wish I had actually taken the time to get to know the real them.
Sorry that wasn't very helpful, was it ? :unsure:

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
It would have been Hazel had I different parents :blink:

How to describe my mother : well she's never wrong. She's the most perfect person on the planet. She has this absolutely fabulous way of somehow making everything someone elses fault ...usually me. :mad:

The upshot of that is that I've gone thru life thinking everything is my fault. Years of trying to think differently get undone within 5 minutes of being with her.

I know I should have done things differently where my son is concerned (tough love is what I should have done), but I can't seem to do it..GOD I'm weak!!!

Suddenly having this pointed out to you when you're feeling flattened was as helpful as after having my stomach pumped having my mother say "quite finished with the histronics are we and do you never think what this is doing to my poor nerves."

Sorry not having a go, just I could have screamed when yet again it was pointed out to me what a useless article I am.

Btw my son is agoraphobic, very aggressive (scares the shit out of me sometimes) and won't accept any help.

Don't think I'm pissed at you, you don't know my perfect, never in the wrong, oh so fucking sanctimonious mother !!!

B
Your mother looks in my head like mrs Bucket :unsure:
Thats hard for you when your son is agoraphobic :ohmy:
Hope your son will accept help
I dont really know what to say :unsure:
Take care devvie :hug:

Beret

Staff Alumni
Hun i had to go though hell with my parents (as i thought) and it really took me 30 years to kind of understand them. Now i understand that my parents probably went through hell with me:sad: . Hope your son gets the help he deserves and that he is going to get better some time soon.
:hug: Beret

Hazel

SF & Antiquitie's Friend
Staff Alumni
Think I'm getting a clearer picture of your mum now Devastated, I apologize for being insensitive earlier.
You have enough to deal with, having an agoraphobic son without getting grief from ure mum. What age is your son?

:hug: Hazel x

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
You weren't being insensitive Hazel, you weren't to know I live with Cruella Da Ville :laugh:

My son is 23, hasn't been outside the door for 2 years. Lives in his room playing WOW non stop. His room looks like the council tip...so much rubbish on the floor you can't actually get in or out without climbing. He hasn't washed in months, his hair is longer than mine and the beard he's grown makes him look like Osama Bin Laden. If challenged in any way he goes ape shit and threatens to smash your head in. My heart bleeds for him, knowing his life is in the toilet, but what to do ???? I HAVE NO IDEA :sad:

Beret

Staff Alumni
you know what?? sometimes i feel just about the same :( . feel to stop to shower, to stop to clean, to let my apartment run down the drain. then ive my father who goes out to eat with me sometimes (sth i hate, but so i dont spend the money at the bakery in my house), who checks if my apartment is in perfect condition (luckily he comes at night); otherwiise he would stop to pay for it. and it goes on and on, but i do understand your son and wish sometimes i could be in his shoes. anyways, hope your son gets better soon, at the same time i hope i continue to manage to fake a smile :)
Love, Beret

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00