Blue lips in the evening?

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by anarulesmenow, Oct 19, 2010.

1. anarulesmenow

anarulesmenow Well-Known Member

Hey, for the past few days I've noticed that in the evening part of my upper lip is prominently blue. It's not like this at any other point but in the evening. Anyone know any reason this could be?
  2. assek

assek Well-Known Member

guessing by your user name, you have an eating disorder? maybe that could be it?
  3. anarulesmenow

Nah I'm recovering from that and I haven't behaved in that way for a while. The blue lip thing has only been for the past four days
  4. Tonks

Tonks Active Member

First thing that comes to mind is hypoxia. Typically lips are the most visible thing that turn cyanotic. I'd wonder what your pO2 is, and also your levels of red blood cells, hematocrit, and hemoglobin.
  5. anarulesmenow

Yeah I've heard of that but I was thinking that my lip would be blue all the time, not just in the evening
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Dehydration perhaps? :dunno:
  7. anarulesmenow

Nah I don't think it could be, I drink a normal amount.
  8. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Sounds like it could be a lack of oxygen in the blood or something.
  9. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Hmm, well, it's almost certainly circulatory. It doesn't sound acutely dangerous, but next time you see your doctor you should inquire about it, probably bring a picture. It might be a symptom of some circulatory problem.