• You may receive an error message when sending PMs at the moment. The message you're trying to send has been sent and if you refresh your screen, you will see it. Otherwise you may get many repeated messages. We're working on this!

Body dysmorphia, anyone?

Witty⭐️Sarcasm🐒

Race towards an early grave
SF Supporter
For as long as I can remember, I've hated just about everything about the way I look. I guess it doesn't help that I've been compared to a sumo, pig, monkey, been outright called ugly, asked if I ever broke my nose, told my teeth are really crooked, and generally picked on for things regarding my appearance. Some people may compliment me from time to time, but it's hard to see what they see. It doesn't help that people have called me pretty or whatever, only to say they were joking, or outright mock the way I look. I don't see how anyone can stand to look at me, because I can barely stand the sight of myself. I don't see how anyone could ever love me, because I am sure they would be disgusted by me. Does anyone else feel this badly about themselves, and how do you cope with it?

seabird

meandering home 🦢☔️
SF Supporter
I have struggled with looking at myself negatively ever since I can remember. It came about because of my family of origin, and I usef to think I could overcome it but I can't. So I tend to be slim & sort of tall & I hate the way I look. The way I cope is to keep covered up all the time as much as possible. Makes me feel safer.

Summer is hard due to getting way too hot. But I have 2 really lightweight shirts, & a couple of hiking type pants that are okay during hot weather.

I so wish that everyone could be comfortable and truly happy with however they look. It's a really bad part of society's rules or whatever that we are judged nonstop for our outside appearance. grrrr

Witty⭐️Sarcasm🐒

Race towards an early grave
SF Supporter
I tend to do that, and used to wear sweaters and long pants even in summer. But I can't do that now because I get overheated too easily. If I hadn't been put down so much in my life, I probably would have felt better about myself. It doesn't help when it still happens sometimes...it makes me forget any good things people may have said.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$125.00
Goal
$255.00