body dysmorphia

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by pit, Jul 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pit

pit Well-Known Member

I knew I should've killed myself before I got any uglier. A friend of mine gave me a photograph she took of me at the beach. Horrendous! I hate the way my face looks, particularly my mouth. I'd like to peel my lips off and get new ones. I don't like my cheeks. I never liked my smile. I want larger teeth, they're too small. Stubby even. Little stubs in banks of gums. Also a receding hairline. Maybe I can go to Home Depot to get some tools to perform at home surgery on myself. Somebody please kill me before I get any uglier. Thank you.

2. christian_1990

christian_1990 Well-Known Member

some ppl r black, some r white, some ppl doesnt have arm, legs, thats life oh yea unfair

3. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Sometimes I smell like my dad. In that photo, I was beginning to look like my Grandpop. Don't want that to happen! Don't want it!
    :blink:

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

i would like to loose about 30 pounds be prettier smarter but i got what i got A therapist could help you with your low self esteem but from what i see you are compassionate and caring. There is a inner beauty that is more important than any physical one I hope you can get help to see that you are special just like everyone each in our own way.

5. depleted_soul

depleted_soul Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you don't like the way you look. I can tell you that you are not alone. I can't name one thing about my appearance that I like. I think I got the worse genes out of my entire family. So I have suck ass looks to match my suck ass life...

6. pit

pit Well-Known Member

That's exactly how I feel. I remember my mom saying why can't he be taller and stronger blah blah blah. And I remember spying on my mom's conversation to my aunt - "he's pale, he's sickly..blah blah blah. I look in the mirror only to search for an angle that pleases me. A trick of the light to make me look even slightly handsome. It sucks getting old.

I prescribe my head to be stuck in a vice while a Mack truck slams into it.

:mort:

7. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

We all think we're worse than we really are. We are our own worst critics! What we see in ourselves, others don't see in you. :hug:

8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:agreed: When you learn to like yourself, others will like and accept you too. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.