Body Image

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gergin

So I've been planning on getting comestic surgery a little over a decade now.
I've been saving up money at a very young age and
I've recently just booked an appointment with a renowned plastic surgeon.
Within the next couple of weeks I will undergo 3 surgeries all done on the same day.
Then recover for a few months and go back and finish my 4th surgery.
As each day passes I'm getting more and more nervous.
Not a bad nervous but a good nervous.
Like am I'm going to like my new face? Or will anyone recognize me?
I hope in the end I like the new me and I hope other people like him too.
I've been fighting my image for too long.
Hopefully this is the thing that will set me free.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Best of luck to you Gergin, it sounds like you have spent a lot of time thinking this over so I hope you will get the results you want. I wish you all the best :)

bayareagirl

Gergin, it just bothers me a little that you are posting about cosmetic surgery in a crisis forum. Have you spoken to a therapist or someone in mental health about getting cosmetic surgery? You talk about fighting your image and I do understand that. I have body image issues too to the point of obsession. I don't know your situation but I do recommend you talk to a professional (not just the surgeons) about your reasons for cosmetic surgery, expectations etc. When body image issues run deep, surgery may not be the answer.

Body image is promoted by our retail oriented society. It is a completely false distorted view of reality. As you can see our society is extremely sick and demented. You may know this and is causing conflict.
I think a change of cultures may be what the doctor ordered.

I obsess over my self image too. I've wanted plastic surgery since I was in high school, but could never afford it. I'm scared of the risks. I really would like to try to lose weight and see how I look and how my body is then before I decide what's left that I really want to change to feel beautiful. I have many of the negative traits you could list, body hair, large chin, large forehead, skin problems (moles, pimples, stretch marks), saggy boobs, large labia (beef curtains), mustache.... fat... giant.. big bone structure.. Self worth over how we look isn't something that can always be helped through a therapist. Because people will always be around judging you. The comfort of having friends who cherish you despite your looks or a lover who loves who and how you look no matter what.. as "weak and depending" as that sounds its true. You can't really on those, but they help. In my experiences at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00