Body Modification

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Asajj, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asajj

Asajj Active Member

Does anyone here use this as self harm? I feel like I'm being sucked into it since I got my lip pierced. The only things stopping me getting covered in piercings, tattoos and implants is my age and severe anxiety :( It's sort of like a self sabotage thing I reckon (If I look like a freak then I am one or something like that). Anyone relate?

2. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

yep, i iuse tattooing as an outlet. very relaxing for me
    piercings can go terribly wrong thats why i tend to avoid them

3. Asajj

Asajj Active Member

The handy thing about piercings is you can take them out so they aren't nearly as permanent! I really want to get tattoos and I know a place that doesn't check ID, but I'd be way to freaked out to risk it. Just got to wait until July for it to be legal, so not too long now!

4. wheresmysheep

well seeing as i was training to be a tattooist i would have to say yes wiat, the repocusions of not waiting are to great.
    and i dont mind the permanent side of it. even if i do regret it at some point, at the time its what i wanted and to be honest i love them, so. piercings really dont do anything for me. but i have enough as it is.

5. AlexDanish

AlexDanish Account Closed

Yeah... that's how I peirced my ears. Once, in the wrong spot with a safety pin. Then, I peirced it again in the right spot... It's minorly infected, the swelling has gone down since... I peirced it about 3 weeks ago.

6. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

I am such a hypocrite. Tattoos and piercings scare me because I don't want to make a mistake...So I just cosmetically position the razor in artistic directions on my body :laugh:

That is so unhealthy.

7. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

at one point when i was trying my hardest not to self-harm as much i did get obsessed by getting tattoed or pierced. probably got something done once a week.

8. LastCrusade

LastCrusade Well-Known Member

there is this site i think 'bme ezine' or something like that where body mutilators converge and post nasty things they do to themselves, like carving out pieces of their own meat for pleasure. I myself plus a few friends got influenced and got ourselves tattoed. Fortunately for me, I did a few small tattoos only. My friend practically 'decorated' his entire body. That was about 10 years ago and now, he is full of regrets cos the 'high' that he got has died done and it looks really really fugly as he ages. Better re-think , if not refrain.

9. Asajj

Asajj Active Member

Yeah I've seen the extreme things that people do and I don't think I'd go that far. With tattoos I would get lots of separate designs that are spaced apart a lot most likely and they'd have a lot more thought put into them than my piercings.

Sometimes I get it into my head that I should go nuts with it because I'll die before I get old from suicide or something, but thankfully I've been keeping that at bay so far.

10. wheresmysheep

that is a very misconstrude look at the body modification industry and life style.
    BME is a proffesional sight for body moders around the world to show new forms that they have found. body modification is an art, and if you dont see it as such then yes your going to end up regreting them, but it is not the modifiers fault you dont like them and its not anyones fault you got them but your own.
    modifications are something to be proud of and more fool you if you just jumped on the band waggon to be "cool"

11. LastCrusade

do a google search on 'dogslut'. that sick fellow cut off his testicles and posted all the sick pics in his website. :blink:

12. LastCrusade

it depends on how one looks at it. I dont think it's cool anymore and you think it is an art. Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinions but i think by calling me a fool is uncalled for and I do hope you refrain from making such remarks in the future.

13. wheresmysheep

that would be the pain olympics my friend. a by product of BME and other sites.
    that is not a modification being discussed here.
    asajj siply refered to piercings and tattoos. and in regards to them, my last comment stills stands.

in regards to people MUTILATING their bodies. thats their own choice. and most people doing things like that are dealing with other issues, or just need many "different" things to "get off"

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2009
  14. wheresmysheep

i was only stating "more fool you" in regards to being influenced in that way. tattoos are generally personal things not done because a bunch of people did it on some website.
    just my opinion. and it wasnt directed souly at you. but people in general.

15. wheresmysheep

and i'll just drop this in here for good measure.

"The difference between people with body modifications and people without them is that those who have them, don't care if you have them or not"

16. Asajj

Asajj Active Member

Personally I think it is art. I really admire people like Erik Sprague (The Lizardman) and Dennis Avner (Stalking Cat) because they've really thought about it and gone the whole way for something they believe in. It must take so much will power to keep it going. I wouldn't say it's a good thing to do to yourself of course and they do kinda scare me a bit, but I totally admire and respect it and believe it to be artistic.

17. wheresmysheep

there you go. my points validated in one. thank you

18. LastCrusade

i've seen many arguments in this forum and its unproductive so i'm not going to make any further comments on this thread after this. Anyway, what's art and what's not cool depends on individuals. I don't think it's art anymore at my age (although for the 1st few years, it was to me) but I dont expect the younger people here would think like me. Been there, done that and ten years down the line as the novelty dies off, it aint art anymore but markings on my body which I no longer welcome.

19. LastCrusade

but the pain was nice during the tattooing though :)

20. Rachel123

Rachel123 Well-Known Member

I use piercings as a form of self harm. I LOVE the pain. I'm actually getting pierced tomorrow.
    I have 21 piercings right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.