Book Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofie

Banned Member
I am an avid reader -- everything from murder mysteries to anthropology narrative to gardening books to self-help books....someone I recently met recommended "Man's Search for Meaning" by Viktor Frankl and I wanted to share it with everyone here. It is the real story of a Jewish Psychiatrist who survived the concentration camps and his impression of why some survived better than others in such horrible conditions. It is an easy read even though it is about a dark, hard topic and has a lot in it that can be applied to people who are suicidal, depressed, etc (basically everyone who comes here :) )

Anyways -- I recommend people read it, if you like reading. If nothing else, it gives perspective to life.

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
It is a most excellent book. The part I always remember is how he tells people to find just one thing they want to stay around for. Just ONE. Then build from there. And it doesn't have to be a deep, meaningful thing. It can be wanting to see more sunsets, eat more pizza, or see how a TV series ends. Just ONE thing. Then build on that. Its a thought that has helped me many times.

Brian777

Safety and Support
SF Artist
SF Supporter
Hi Sofie, I read this book in hard copy many years ago and it had a real impact on me. I recently purchased it in Audible and Kindle and read it again(I don't usually re-read books but this one is a classic)
It shows the power of the human spirit to survive the most horrendous conditions and cruelty and yet hold on to life and sanity. Truly a fine work by Viktor Frankl.
Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00