Booked a appointment with my doctor for tomorrow.. Help!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Maylin, Oct 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maylin

Maylin Well-Known Member

So I got everything ready to commit suicide, but I suddenly called and got a appointment with my doctor to see if it might fix my problem, but I am just really nervous that I wont get to tell everything about my problem, I might skip something, she might not take it serious enough, bah there is just so much I am afraid of.

I dont like talking to people about my problem, and now I am going to tell everything(except about my suicide plans) to some doctor I dont know.

Even though it fixes my problem I still have a lot of catching up to do in school, got a mandatory project I need to turn in in less then a week, and I havent started since I just cant focus on anything else.

What can I do, how did you guys do it, help please :unsure:

2. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Good job for seeking a little bit of help! That shows that you don't really want to die.

If I were you, I would write everything down and just read it to the therapist. Let him/her ask some questions and feel free to trail off your notes and answer.

If you don't get through all of your concerns (which you probably won't in a single session), then ask your therapist if he/she might be willing to read your notes, or if not, just cross out the things you addressed in your session.

It's much easier to organize your thoughts if you write them down and it also gives you a chance to explore your real feelings and what's important to you.

Good luck!

3. palmtrees

palmtrees Well-Known Member

Would it help if you write down everything you want to say before going to your doctor and then bring that in with you?

4. Maylin

Maylin Well-Known Member

Yeah, i'll try writing everything down.

5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hello,
    I think you should open up and tell her everything including your plan for suicide. They can't help you if you don't be honest with them. Sit down and write out everything going thru your mind and take that with you and let her read it. It does two things1) it helps to let it out.2)It assures you won't forget anything because you are nervous.
    If you have set up a plan you definitely need to seek help soon!! The next thing you know you are going thru with it. You have alot of people here at the forum to give you advice. Don't think you are being ignored it takes sometime before you get answers or support. I for one don't want you to harm youself!!! If you need to talk then PM me and I will get back with you!!!Take Care!~Joseph~

6. Maylin

Maylin Well-Known Member

The reason I am not going to tell the doctor about my suicide plan is because if I do then other people will know, I might get locked up and my life will just go to hell if my family finds out, they have it hard enough.

But yeah, I'll see how it goes tomorrow, if there is no good news about my problem then it might just happen.

7. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Are you in the UK or US?

8. Maylin

Maylin Well-Known Member

Norway, and here they can intervene if they think a life is in danger.

9. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Ah. :hug:

10. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Good luck with the appointment. I hope it went ok and you got everything you needed to out. It's really great that you are seeking help! Well done.

11. Maylin

Maylin Well-Known Member

It went OK, got some pills and I am going to try them out for 2-3 weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.