Bordeline Personality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really am worried about my friend. I think she might have a borderline personality. She has quick mood changes, goes from feeling happy to sad in a blink of an eye. She was sexually abused as a child, has a history of self harming. She has impulsive actions, examples, driving 150 miles back home because she is paranoid her b/f is cheating on her, and she has just announced she wants a baby, which had come out of nowhere. She has abandonment issues and hates being alone. She is also sexually promiscuous, and when she meets someone knew, she clings to them, but at the same time is mean and horrible behind their back! Other things include, being a chronic liar, making things up to make herslef feel better, examples, saying a model agency and style agency have stopped her in the street and that she is gonna be in the paper, saying people have put notes on her car, even texting herself from a different phone, having pretend aches and pains and saying she has cancer signs.
She talks about death alot, saying she would be pretty if she was dead and all that. She gets stressed alot and always wants a new challenge. Just want to know what could be wrong with her.

WildCherry

Owner Emeritus
I can't say that I know what's going on with her, but it sounds like she REALLY needs to see a professional. That's the only way she can get diagnosed and treated. But do you think she'd be willing to go?

thanx. No i don't think she would go, she always keeps things hidden. i've never even said look you have a problem, but if i did, she would just say i'm fine, but she is far from fine. suffering from depression, heavy drinking.
If she becomes pregnant then i think she is only doing it for attention or maybe she thinks a baby will make her happy. She is not mother material and i think it will make her problems worse

itmahanh

Senior Member & Antiquities Friend
If she isnt willing to seek professional help then you need to "direct" her in the right direction. Google different mental health issues (bipolar, borderline, severe depression, etc.) and then email the sites to her. She needs to know what could be wrong and get some help in the form of meds or therapy before she should even consider having a child. She cant care for someone so dependent on her if she cant take care of herself. And speaking from experience it is extremely hard to live with mental health issues and raise children without feeling guilty and yes making your condition worse. If nothing else see if you couldnt tell her you are going to a support group one evening and convince her to go with you. Once she hears others talking about their problems maybe she will recognize some in herself and want to open up about it. But most importantly keep being her friend. She really needs one right now.

I can't believe I just started coming to this forum and found this topic. I just found out a girl I am really interested in suffers from borderline personality. It's really frustrating to deal with. I suffer from bipolar myself so I can understand a lot of the stuff she goes through. It just becomes so hard when I try to get through to her and there's this wall that just stays put up. I just feel this strong pull towards her. Stronger than I've ever felt with anyone else. I just wish there was something I could do to help her but I'm a mess myself.

it's tough. the main thing is, she hates being alone, and can't live on her own.
She puts up this guard and never admits she has a problem but behind closed doors she is sad, lost and depressed.
It's gonna come to the point where i might have to cut her out my life because she is draining me too much.

You shouldn't cut her out of your life. That will only make things wort. I know it's hard dealing with someone who has borderline but just abandoning them will only make them more distrustful and feel even lower. I know not everyone has the patience to deal with it, but if someone means a lot to you, it would probably be best to stick it out.

By the way, this advice is coming from a suicidal person so feel more than free to just ignore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00