Borderline Personality Disorder by Daniel A. Bochner, Ph.D.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Domo, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

There is new hope for this diagnosis as new therapy new insight shows that with understanding not judement a person can heal The old thoughts of this disorder were wrong I am glad they keep researching new ways to approach healing
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I agree with TE..this is one person's opinion and this is the disorder that has generated a lot of attention both in the drugs and the treatment lately...J
  4. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

I'm not saying i agree with all of the article. I just found it a good read and decided to share as there is minimal decent information out there about borderline.

I'd have to argue that this disorder is still highly stigmatised even within the mental health industry/professionals.
  5. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

I hate this disorder. I feel a lot of time it is diagnosed just to get a diagnosis. Or in treatment resistant depression where pills don't work.

I am not saying it doesn't exist. However, I don't like the way this article talks about it. It seems quite old school.

There are treatment methods that have been shown to work and generally people "grow" out of it as they get older.

Just my thoughts though.
  6. warrabinda

warrabinda Well-Known Member

I completely agree. I'm also not denying it exists but i've seen it diagnosed with women who are depressed and chronically suicidal. they're just being 'difficult', blah blah.

and when a clinician isn't skilled to work with it, they victim blame saying 'he/she's just borderline'. ugh.

I don't have it but god i can relate and completely understand it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.