Borderline Personality Disorder

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Beka, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Beka

Beka Well-Known Member

So after many long assessments and going back and forth between various therapists. I finally got to see a Psychologist.

Don't get me wrong, this guy was fucking fantastic, the session lasted for nearly 2 hours and at the end he told me that I don't have depression and anxiety and that he thinks it's Borderline Personality Disorder.

Now this has cleared A LOT up for me, such as how I can be completely and utterly irrationally angry or irritated with people and how I stay as far away from relationships as I can psychically manage. I'm glad I finally I have a name for what this is because it means I can get the right kind of help now (No more meds for woo).

But I am not dealing with this. Earlier I felt, relief, but now I fucking hate it. My family keep looking at me as if I'm going to flip my shit at them, bearing in mind I wanted to do that for a while but I absolutely refuse to, it's pissing me off big time.
    I'm really, really not handling this very well. I want to cry.

I promise you guys I'm not going to flip my shit if you ask me to put your washing in with mine or if you ask me to do the dishwasher. I promise.

This is breaking me apart and I don't want to deal with it. I think for the first time I actually am conscious of the fact that I want to hurt myself because I feel disgusted with myself because of this.

I don't want to deal with this. At all.
  2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I am glad you hve a diagnosis that makes sense for you. I hope they can find the counseling to help with it. My daughter has done well with DBT therapy - she hates it , but it has helped. I hope you find some help and supports as well....
  3. libra

libra Active Member

hope things are better for you now

i too was pleased with an accurate diagnosis but found the treatment of friends and family who hadnt really made the effort to look at any information infuriating. not being told certain things and even close friends

ive since met people or really a person who can relate although at times i think i cant trust her and that isnt based on anything shes done or said but my feelings towards the general public.

im now managing slightly better but lack that support network that once vowed eternal love and acceptance. although they are making more of an effort which is nice :) steps in the right direction. talk to them or give them some accurate information to help them understand and some tips for the present that can be applied now
  4. FMyLife

FMyLife Chat Buddy

ts hard to eal with family reactions to a mental health diagnosis. But think of it this way. THe only opinion that matters is your own. Forget your families troubles with it and learn to deal with your hurdles. YOu are the only one that will over come this and you are the one that has to deal with the disorder. YOu are the only one that really has an opinion that matters. Push forth my friend.
  5. Beka

Beka Well-Known Member

Thanks for the kind words, I'm dealing with it a lot better now. Starting to do things for myself :).