bored with life.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by JustKindaThere, Jul 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JustKindaThere

JustKindaThere Well-Known Member

This is the only way I can describe depression to someone who doesn't understand what it's like, but even then they still can't grasp the concept of being depressed for no reason and it's frustrating as all fucking hell. Then again though, neither can I.

I feel like an old person who's just tired of life, and I find it impossible to enjoy anything anymore... I see life as one huge struggle, so I just feel like I should be dead.

Sigh u_u I'm a terrible person.

2. zoe_n

zoe_n New Member

What I'm going to tell you first, it that you are NOT a terrible person. Now you're thinking "but you dont even know me", am I right? Well, true, but i do know that no one can be 100% terrible. Honestly, just give yourself the chance to be happy. Instead of stuffing those negative, "I feel like i should be dead" and "I'm a terrible person" thoughts in your brain, go look in the mirror. Look at how beautiful you are. Remember the last wonderful things you've done for the sake of someone else. No one can force those thoughts out of your head, but if you really wanna be happy, then the first thing you gotta do is give yourself a chance.

3. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

you're not a terrible person.

depression is not your fault- it's no ones fault

is their 1 small thing that you think... do you know, 1 day, i'd really like to do that?

4. whoamiboo

whoamiboo Active Member

Life has a funny way of showing us how it is... Ups and downs why a roller coaster ride? Feel like you should be dead, well the fact is that your not... We look for the ups in life yet a lot of the times we feel down or have down days. I guess keep searching because an up day is going to happen....lol I keep believing too yet to find them to be far and in between. I shall not give up the fight and neither should you!

5. I know that I have that same feeling a lot. It's even worse when i think about how my life isn't really that bad. But because i feel like life is so pointless, death is just the inevitable end to a ridiculous circumstance.

6. danzink

danzink New Member

Been having that feeling alot lately too! I gave up trying to describe it to people.

7. JustKindaThere

^ basically why I feel like I wanna die.
    I live with a sense of meaninglessness about absolutely everything and feel like nothing is worth living for even though my life isn't that bad. I dunno what it is I want or what the fuck is wrong with me. I wish I could just like accept life for what it is like everyone else but I feel like I'm just constantly searching for something more... always.

8. emily83

people just have to experience it to know what it's like.

you can try and explain to them all you want... but eventually they will never fully understand.

9. Yes, we live our life and then we all die anyway. So what's the use. I have those same feelings. I'm just hanging on until the bitter end. I'm so gutless I can't even kill myself.

I was talking to a guy who went to a funeral for a teenager's dad. He called the guy a scumbag coward for doing it. I told him that from the perspective of his own little perfect life, he has no right to judge, because he doesn't know the complexities that make up the mindset of someone so depressed. There's nothing coward about it. You get to a point where you feel your usefulness to anyone is gone. I've always said that when my kids get to the point they don't need me, I will do it. Call me coward, but you have not lived in my shoes. I wouldn't wish my life on anyone.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2013
  10. emily83

stupidfrombirth, thank you!

it's very rarely i come across someone that agrees with that statement..... their comes to a point in everyone's life where you just feel you can't go on anymore and that you're not needed.

i've always thought like this

11. fairlady

fairlady New Member

I am sorry if you hate me for saying this

but I think suicide is cowardly.

After watching/supporting my friends through their depression suicide has become a cowardly thing for me.

I have decided that when I die , I would like my death to be meaningful. I would like for my death to save somebody or something - it really doesn't matter - my life really doesn't mean much to me. So in other words I don't really mind dying as long as its not by my hand.

This is my biggest reason for living.

Anyways

What I originally wanted to post was I kind of understand how you feel. I have never tried to explain what depression is like because explaining how something feels seems superficial to me. I rather explain it in a biological manner than say "I just feel too empty to do anything". ( Although I have slipped sometimes)

For me I have decided to take whatever happiness life throws at me - to notice it - to acknowledge it. Even if it is just a second I will savor it. Because that moment of happiness to me is like a breath of air after being submerge in water.

12. JustKindaThere

^ Lots of people say this, but I personally don't think suicide is cowardly. Whenever I hear about a suicide story I just can't help but wonder what would actually drive someone to take their own life or what state of mind they must have been in at the time. I never think of them as cowardly or selfish, I don't think of them as anything, I just feel sad that they had to come to that decision.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.