Bored with life.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by tgsrvx, Aug 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tgsrvx

tgsrvx New Member

Hi my name is Shane.
    I have simply become bored with living. Let me start from the beginning, last year around this time I was having trouble sleeping, had a lack of appitite and had suicidal thoughts. I went to my doctor and learned I have depression and got pills for that. I'm a mathematics major at my local university and when school started up I just got back to my usual study all day thing. The pills worked I was eating more, sleeping better, and didn't think about dying. I took summer courses last summer because school is what I enjoy but this time around I wanted to spend my summer hanging out with friends, playing sports, and go on a few dates with some girls I met at school. I quickly found that all this stuff bores me and I was enjoying reading books about statistics more then anything else I was doing all summer. The only thing in life I enjoy is mathematics and what the hell is the point, it's a waste of life. I stoped taking my pills about a month ago but still got a prescription refill from my doctor so I got a good 60 or so saved up. My birthday is later this week and I think that would be a nice day to end it.
  2. Littlewiji

Littlewiji Well-Known Member

Bro, there's nothing wrong with being mostly interested in maths. I wouldn't be typing this on my iPod if there weren't brainy people like you doing stuff like that. You obviously have a gift, don't waste it.
  3. Bluerose99

Bluerose99 Member

You can teach maths.

You can make a world of difference with loving maths. Believe it.

I'm here if you need to talk, feel free to contact me.

Just hold on. Find something to do with your love for maths.

Don't give up. Please.
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello and welcome to the forum.

We all have different interests , there's nothing wrong with loving maths and liking studying. You can make very good use of it and most likely have a very bright future.
    Please keep going, I hope we can help you find the strength :hug:
  5. levitated-one

levitated-one Well-Known Member

Hi Shane,

Well, why do you feel ashamed about having a passion with maths? There's nothing to feel ashamed, or weird about it at all. At least you have a passion, I have none, and I'm always, always bored with life.. I think I need a holiday :/

You probably just need a change of lifestyle, because from what I've heard is all the things that happened during summer happened too fast, or too much happened at once.. or something happened during that time, that made you feel depressed.

Well, if you need to talk, you can always pm me.
  6. Nocturnal Ponderer

Nocturnal Ponderer Well-Known Member

I'm the same as you. Everything bores me, even sex with a new girlfriend feels like a chore rather than the rush it should be.
    But give me a book about psychology and I will show you an erection!
  7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Don't give up on your gift...Maybe take some classes in accounting.. My nephew did that and he is making six digit figures..He got a high paying job right out of college..You need to start taking your meds.. You said yourself that things got better when you were on them..You have a very brite future ahead of you...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.