Boredom is goin to kill me

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by WhyMeWhy, Nov 23, 2007.

1. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

I'm too bored, but I don't feel like timekillers(playin games,writing,etc.). This isn't fair.... I used to have so much fun, but now I'm bored all the time & don't feel like doin anything at all. Must be possible that I've had all my fun already, now I must experience the opposite of fun..... but I can't go on livin this way... it might drive me to go back to bad habits like cuttin(no offense) or illegal drugs. I have willpower, but am not sure how far it will go. I'm so bored all the time that I drink sometimes(which I don't really like to do). I can't take this shit. I pick up games, start to play, then put the controller down. I used to get stuck on games forever & not stop no matter what. I'm lost.... what a life to live. :rolleyes:

2. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

Do you have the energy to get a job or something? Something that'll keep you from being bored 24/7?

It's terrible to be depressed or whatever simply because you're bored.

If you don't have the energy or the means to go out and do things, then do you like to read? Sleep? Draw? Write?

:hug: Good luck. :unsure:

3. WhyMeWhy

I'm hating jobs where I am(they're boring) & who's goin to hire a person in my condition? It's pretty bad. There's probs w/ my brain. :blink: And if I had elsewhere to be.... I'd be there. Growing up sucks, far too much responsibility. Work = fun? No fun jobs here. That's why they have to pay you(initiate words of blasphemy), god oh god oh god. The prob is the place that I reside. I should move... but that seems that I'm runnin from somethin.

4. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

Hmm... :blink: It would seem that you're running from something?

:dunno: It'd be far better than dying of boredom where you are now.

Dunno though. Best wishes. :arms:

5. SoulRiser

SoulRiser Well-Known Member

Sometimes I get bored and no games or anything take the boredom away. When I play games in that condition, I have this nagging feeling that there's something better I could be doing, but I don't know what it is. Do you get that too?

6. WhyMeWhy

I know the best thing that I could be doing..... so I should be doing it

7. danni

danni Chat Buddy

hmm maybe try something you havn't done maybe that will help a lil hun :hug:

8. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

I hate it when that happens. I want to play a game yet I lack the motivation. Especially since sometimes I lose motivation for 2 or 3 weeks at a time. But when I play games I will play at least 6 hours into them.

9. SoulRiser

SoulRiser Well-Known Member

What's keeping you from doing it?

10. Ripx

Ripx Well-Known Member

just like me, only if i wasnt physically disabled, plus socially phobic to the extreme, i'd get a job, go for a drive, make something of myself. im a very smart person, im just trapped in this useless shell. i know what you mean about no longer enjoying things that were once pleasurable. Now, im being forced to resort to drugs (marijuana) to be able to cope with life, but im affraid its taking away from my ability to think deeply. But whats the alternative? a life of insane boredom?
    i also had will power (in the past) now it just seems like comon logic for me to be doing these things to dull the senses.

i know exactly how you feel.

11. WhyMeWhy

Many factors are involved there, far to complex to explain.... it's basicly:

Everything

"just like me, only if i wasnt physically disabled, plus socially phobic to the extreme, i'd get a job, go for a drive, make something of myself. im a very smart person, im just trapped in this useless shell. i know what you mean about no longer enjoying things that were once pleasurable. Now, im being forced to resort to drugs (marijuana) to be able to cope with life, but im affraid its taking away from my ability to think deeply. But whats the alternative? a life of insane boredom?
    i also had will power (in the past) now it just seems like comon logic for me to be doing these things to dull the senses.

i know exactly how you feel."

So I'm not alone..... but I often wonder which would be worse. A physical handicap or a mental handicap. Either way it depends on the person, I guess. My brother has both.... yikes!

12. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

what are you curious about?