Boss Humiliated Me

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
If I actually said here what I thought of your boss, it would probably get censored by Admin. All I can say is pisspoor skills in management and humanity shown by your boss. Obviously on some sort of fucked up power trip.
Sorry you had to go through that shit, I've seen it happen many times in the past, and it's a total pisser when it happens.

Always Hopeless

If I actually said here what I thought of your boss, it would probably get censored by Admin. All I can say is pisspoor skills in management and humanity shown by your boss. Obviously on some sort of fucked up power trip.
Sorry you had to go through that shit, I've seen it happen many times in the past, and it's a total pisser when it happens.
Thanks for being on my side.

I feel like I've been taken advantage of for the sake of other's happiness and I've been left behind to suffer.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Those who act that way, taking advantage of others just to provide a boost to themselves, they are the one's themselves who must lead pathetic inconsequential lives. It's probably of little consolation to you me saying that. Just wish you no longer had to through that shite.

Always Hopeless

Those who act that way, taking advantage of others just to provide a boost to themselves, they are the one's themselves who must lead pathetic inconsequential lives. It's probably of little consolation to you me saying that. Just wish you no longer had to through that shite.
But thank you for acknowledging it and being on my side. Most people in my life have just wanted to sweep me under the rug and ignore me.

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
But thank you for acknowledging it and being on my side. Most people in my life have just wanted to sweep me under the rug and ignore me.
I'm sorry to hear of how most people have wanted to treat you (in your life). . . For what it's worth, I find you to be an invaluable soul; & I only have to go off (of), your behavior, or how you are -- your actions, around these parts, or here. : ) Hoping for the best for you going forward! Stay strong, and carry on. Or let it go, and carry on... (maybe forget the 'fluff!' at the end if that doesn't do it for you?) ;) See ya-

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
And bosses can be the worst, and do the most damage (or cause the most wreckage) - even when all other things in one's life are going, or running, "well!" So, kudos to You, for standing in there & hanging in there, amidst or amongst all this other stuff that is going on as of late~ : )

johnDoen

Outsider in the Realm of Lost and Found
I hate it when people notice something is wrong with you and ask about your problems as if they care. Then when you tell them they basically say they don't care and to get over it. It's humiliating to fall for that trick.
Why does that sounds familiar too much for me? My goodness, I'm sorry.

I think your boss was expecting some different kinds of problem, the ones they are far more experienced about. Most people would choose to say simply and politely "... okay ... uhm ... okay ... uh. Anyways, ..." rather than straight up rejected you like what your boss did. If you are male by birth and on paper, there is also a case of masculinity, man-on-man conversations and social expectations of an adult man.

Regardless, you have a boss with a bad set of social and emotional skills. This is not your fault. Stay strong.

Always Hopeless

Why does that sounds familiar too much for me? My goodness, I'm sorry.

I think your boss was expecting some different kinds of problem, the ones they are far more experienced about. Most people would choose to say simply and politely "... okay ... uhm ... okay ... uh. Anyways, ..." rather than straight up rejected you like what your boss did. If you are male by birth and on paper, there is also a case of masculinity, man-on-man conversations and social expectations of an adult man.

Regardless, you have a boss with a bad set of social and emotional skills. This is not your fault. Stay strong.
She even told me her problems to compare them to mine and basically say that mine aren't a big deal and that I should just do my job like she does - she doesn't have problems....she was browsing the internet looking to buy a house. Meanwhile, I'm struggling to pay my bills every month on top of all my trauma. She says her biggest problem is that she doesn't think the virus is real. This is why she doesn't care when I say my boundaries aren't being respected.

She's one of those people who live in a world of privilege and ignorance. Talking to her is like talking to a brick wall. She did it to cover her own ass. Not because she cares.

Last edited:

johnDoen

Outsider in the Realm of Lost and Found
She even told me her problems to compare them to mine and basically say that mine aren't a big deal and that I should just do my job like she does - she doesn't have problems....she was browsing the internet looking to buy a house. Meanwhile, I'm struggling to pay my bills every month on top of all my trauma. She says her biggest problem is that she doesn't think the virus is real. This is why she doesn't care when I say my boundaries aren't being respected.

She's one of those people who live in a world of privilege and ignorance. Talking to her is like talking to a brick wall. She did it to cover her own ass. Not because she cares.
Your boss was definitely expecting the kind of problem that she can understand and can relate to, such as conspiracy theories about the virus or the price of a suburbs cottage. Overall, she is just a toxic person that I believe you should limit the amount of time around for the sake of your health. There are many videos about how to deal with toxic people on Youtube, and WikiHow. If she keep pushing you too much, remember to consider legal services.

I think your boss is what the internet refer to as Karen. Look for Karen memes if you feel like you need a bit of humor. Share those memes if you want because I doubt you are the only one suffer from her Karenic behaviors.

Also, forgive your boss. Keeping all the hatred and negativity thinking about her is not good for your health, totally not worth it.

Always Hopeless

Your boss was definitely expecting the kind of problem that she can understand and can relate to, such as conspiracy theories about the virus or the price of a suburbs cottage. Overall, she is just a toxic person that I believe you should limit the amount of time around for the sake of your health. There are many videos about how to deal with toxic people on Youtube, and WikiHow. If she keep pushing you too much, remember to consider legal services.

I think your boss is what the internet refer to as Karen. Look for Karen memes if you feel like you need a bit of humor. Share those memes if you want because I doubt you are the only one suffer from her Karenic behaviors.

Also, forgive your boss. Keeping all the hatred and negativity thinking about her is not good for your health, totally not worth it.

I will never forgive this bitch. She has said racist and ignorant things to me before. This was the last straw.

My mental health has deteriorated so much that I'm at the bottom of the barrel and one more person to hate makes no difference.

Always Hopeless

She knows exactly how she and everyone else is mistreating me at work. She wasn't asking because she thought she could help me or my problems. She did it to cover her own ass so that she can say to HR and her boss that she talked to me.

Wispiwill

Ah, I know the kind - all the upper echelons are in bed together (so to speak). It's practically impossible to fight that kind of situation. All you can do is try and get out before they push you out. At least that's been my experience. I wish you best of luck in finding something else - hopefully better. I

n the meantime - feel free to keep telling us all about what's going on. Hopefully it'll help knowing that you have a place you can talk about it - and people that are on your side.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
That's something that won't happen around here. This place you will be heard and people will back you up.

The more I hear about your boss, the more of a piece of work she seems to be. Her personal problems appear to be of a first world issue, extending no more than her own anal bubble. I wouldn't be suprised if her denial of Covid was due to the inconvenience it has caused her such as denying her visits to her local gym for a stretch and a warm down latte.
Toxic is one thing, coming out with racist comments and being part of a clique, is she trying to win an award for being the biggest c### in your place of work? That is just low life behaviour. I had a staff member years ago who exhibited traits such as that, and pretty soon I had them bounced out the doors.

With HR being as they are where you work, I don'y know maybe document all these incidents with as much detail as you can. Build up a file which could be used as a defence for constructive dismissal should it come to that. Unfortunately, I have no idea about employment laws in the US, so I can't offer much in the way of advice. But maybe them knowing that you have a list of incidents could at least shit them right up if or when the time comes.

Hope you'll keep on chatting here, especially if letting off steam helps by even a little bit.

Always Hopeless

That's something that won't happen around here. This place you will be heard and people will back you up.

The more I hear about your boss, the more of a piece of work she seems to be. Her personal problems appear to be of a first world issue, extending no more than her own anal bubble. I wouldn't be suprised if her denial of Covid was due to the inconvenience it has caused her such as denying her visits to her local gym for a stretch and a warm down latte.
Toxic is one thing, coming out with racist comments and being part of a clique, is she trying to win an award for being the biggest c### in your place of work? That is just low life behaviour. I had a staff member years ago who exhibited traits such as that, and pretty soon I had them bounced out the doors.

With HR being as they are where you work, I don'y know maybe document all these incidents with as much detail as you can. Build up a file which could be used as a defence for constructive dismissal should it come to that. Unfortunately, I have no idea about employment laws in the US, so I can't offer much in the way of advice. But maybe them knowing that you have a list of incidents could at least shit them right up if or when the time comes.

Hope you'll keep on chatting here, especially if letting off steam helps by even a little bit.

I don't bother to speak up in this country anymore. In my first job, some co-workers were verbally and physically abusive. The manager didn't give a shit and let them carry on so I quit. My next job I reported a male for sexual and racial harrassment of me and my coworker - I got fired. My therapist told me that it was my fault and victim shamed me for everything that's happened to me. If course we all know what happened when I tried to speak up about the bullying in grad school.

Last edited:

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
I don't bother to speak up in this country anymore. In my first job, some co-workers were verbally and physically abusive. The manager didn't give a shit and let them carry on so I quit. My next job I reported a male for sexual and racial harrassment of me and my coworker - I got fired. If course we all know what happened when I tried to speak up about the bullying in grad school.
That is.... just medieval. For that to happen in one work place is bad enough, but to experience that in several places of work.... that's just scum behaviour all round.

I think everyone around here are getting as eager as you to be able to get accepted for your school course or at least be able to land a job that'll be so much better for your mental and financial health.

Always Hopeless

That is.... just medieval. For that to happen in one work place is bad enough, but to experience that in several places of work.... that's just scum behaviour all round.

I think everyone around here are getting as eager as you to be able to get accepted for your school course or at least be able to land a job that'll be so much better for your mental and financial health.
Thanks. I really need the school to happen otherwise I can't go on with this being my life. I can't take more abuse and trauma with nothing to look forward to except low-wage jobs that I hate and treat me like trash.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00