Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by ~Tosh~, Nov 10, 2008.

1. ~Tosh~

~Tosh~ Forum Buddy

my boss is making my working life hell. :(

i love my job and its something i have wanted to do for a few years, and will have been in my current job 2 years on the 14th nov, but since returning from maternity leave and moved onto a new watch, i dont know if my heart is still in it.

today, he put me under so much pressure, he made me take a 999 call which he knew was fake and a difficult situation, and when i asked others in the room, noone would help. after the call was hung up he critised me for fucking up and not asking some of the things i should have done... its not my fault :cry: i asked for help.....

its like he constantly puts me down, enjoys watching me suffer, i feel worthless, useless, like i shouldnt be in the job i do.. its like he enjoys making me feel this way, its like he wants me to quit...

i want that bastard to suffer! :cry:

i dont know what to do ...................
  2. A_pixie

A_pixie Well-Known Member

This is very juveinile but....

Put a kipper in his desk?

Stuff like that really cheers you up
  3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

:hug: Just remember all the ways that and times that you are good at what you do.

Some people get their laughs out of making others hurt. The best way to get revenge for that is to be successful in spite of the nasty treatment they give you.

More hugs...:hug:
  4. kenny

kenny Well-Known Member

What to do is to start keeping a diary of these events.

if it gets too much you might consider the option to walk out and start proceedings for constructive dismissal.

am happy to chat anytime if it will help - my msn is in my profile. I've had my fair share of wankers for bosses.

Seagull Management we call it. they swoop in, make a lot of noise over nothing, shit on you and fly off.

best of luck
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2008
  5. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Hey Lexi. Sorry to hear you are getting so much grief from your boss. I've come upon a lot of the posts you have put up and you are clearly a caring person. You deserve better. Stick at it though because I really believe people like you are needed in your job in order to improve things all round. Best of luck.:hug:
  6. Tecky

Tecky Well-Known Member

wow! I have a management story to share too!

I mentioned in my post 'Security Woes' that my condominium manager told us to follow the exact procedure laid down by the software to screen each taxi coming in. It was a stupid order because none of us ever did it before. It was one of those ideas that look good on paper but sucks when it comes to actual application. To cut a long story short, following exact software protocol is not really helpful (if we are talking about enhancing security) and it will cause an enormous amount of delay.

The manager didn't want to listen to my input so I used an old dodge we used to f**k the officers over in the army. We used the 'Do everything by the book' dodge. I followed the software protocol down to the last letter and caused a huge jam at the gates. In just 30 minutes, 5 taxi drivers f**ked me (verbally) and at least 3 residents will make their compliants to the condominium manager. I made sure of that by telling each and every resident I inconvenienced to be sure to complain to the management office.