• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Bottom line....final rant for today,...I promise

I have come to the conclusion that unless I find a medication that calms my brain like a benzo does then there isn’t much hope....but anyone who knows me and my redundant rants knows that I feel this way.
thank you for listening.

Sleeper71

I’m going to be blunt here, if benzo’s are what works for you and your doctor won’t prescribe them find another doctor that will. Be demanding if you have to but it’s your life and if you’ve found something that works then find a doctor that understands that. Don’t worry about longtime use or dependency or whatever, just do whatever it takes to get through day to day. I’ve had treatment resistance depression for over 2 decades now and I laid it all out for my psychiatrist and he’s had me on Klonopin for 9 months for my anxiety plus other drugs for my depression. I wish the Klonopin worked for me as well as they do you but they are better than anything else I’ve had. This is just my 2 cents but it’s your life, time for you to take it back. Do whatever it takes to do that.

I’m going to be blunt here, if benzo’s are what works for you and your doctor won’t prescribe them find another doctor that will. Be demanding if you have to but it’s your life and if you’ve found something that works then find a doctor that understands that. Don’t worry about longtime use or dependency or whatever, just do whatever it takes to get through day to day. I’ve had treatment resistance depression for over 2 decades now and I laid it all out for my psychiatrist and he’s had me on Klonopin for 9 months for my anxiety plus other drugs for my depression. I wish the Klonopin worked for me as well as they do you but they are better than anything else I’ve had. This is just my 2 cents but it’s your life, time for you to take it back. Do whatever it takes to do that.
You are correct. Plus I am 62...with a life shortening autoimmune disease so what’s the difference...quality versus quantity.

Sleeper71

Exactly. Do whatever you can to enjoy the time you have. 62 is not old, but you need to do whatever you can to enjoy the time you have left. None of us know when our time is up so do whatever you can to make whatever time you have left the best you can. I’ll admit I’m jealous you found something that helped you! If I ever found that I’d fight tooth and nail to make sure I got whatever it was that helped me enjoy whatever time I have left. I wouldn’t worry about anything else.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$95.00
Goal
$255.00