Boyfriend got a DUI

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by alice_0, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alice_0

alice_0 Active Member

Last night, or rather this morning, while my boyfriend was driving home he got pulled over for speeding, and got a DUI as well.
    I dont know how to feel and I dont know what to do. I know its terrible, I know he could have hurt or killed someone or himself, but people make mistakes, and I cant stop loving him for that.
    Im just scared now of what is going to happen to him and what is going to happen to us. Everything was so great a few days ago, and now I just feel all this anxiety and I feel depressed and sick. I almost collapsed at work today because I didnt get any sleep last night.

I dont know how to talk to him about this. Im worried he doesnt grasp the gravity of the situation. Im worried, what if it happens again?
    How do I talk to him about this, how do I even begin. I love him so much, he is my best friend and he is such a wonderful person who just made a terrible mistake.
  2. Isabel

Isabel Staff Alumni

I think it would be a good think for you to talk openly with your boyfriend about your feeling once you both have cool down to some extent. Maybe write something for your eyes only before you approach him so you are clear on what you want to tell him.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.