Boyfriend is so depressed and suicidal. What to do?!

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by CSali, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSali

CSali New Member

My bf is so depressed . I have tried to talk to him many many times. I've been with him for a year and couple months. It's so sad that I love him dearly and try my best to put him before myself, but I feel like whatever I do is wrong. He tells me he wants to kill himself if I ever break up with him. I am so emotionally tired of this. Idk what to do any more, but if I leave him he will kill himself, and I do love him. Help!/:

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

What he is doing to you hun is emotional blackmail and it is very very wrong If he loved you he would not use you in this way. What you do is set boundaries for YOUR emotional well being ok. When he is suicidal you tell his parents you get him to call professionals and use them not you to help him through whatever crisis he is in. YOU cannot be dragged down with him hun YOu have to protect yourself IF he is suicidal and you are afraid for him You can call crisis line and give his phone number to them or his address and get them to provide the care to him he needs hugs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.