boyfriends

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by xbertyx, Mar 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xbertyx

xbertyx New Member

my boyfriend really wants me to stop but he knows he cant make me. so he doesnt force me to stop , just supports me. i cant stop though, even for him :unsure::sad:
    what does your panterner think of your self harm?
    :mellow:

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Your partner sounds very supportive of you. If you get to a place where you want to stop/change what's happening in your life maybe seeking professional support would help that become a reality.

I personally don't have a partner, so I can't actually answer that part of your question.

3. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Your bf does sound really supportive. Is there a reason you don't want to stop cutting?

:arms:

4. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

my boyfriend has been dealing with my self harm since we started dating almost 6 years ago. At the beggining he tried to make me stop, very supportive. then he used to get mad at me because he thought i didnt wanted to stop(when i did wanted). then he implemented guilt, with the popular" it hurts me if u hurt yourself" and now, so much time later he just dont ask anything about it. He knows thatt i do it because i feel i need it, because i feel my body asks for it, and yes he complains a Lot about me not going to see a doc, but he never spoke again about self harm, its like hes giving me some space, idk, i find it very confortable but i dont go showing him the new scars because i know it hurts him.

5. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

My bf saw my recent cuts last night..He didn't have a go at me, but he just gave me a hug. It's nice he understands in a way. I really want to stop so he won't have to worry, but it's easier said than done.

6. Buggsy2008

Buggsy2008 Well-Known Member

I dont have one so cant answer that.

I dont tend to let people see the scars though.. id feel like i was attention seeking if i mentioned it.

Some people know i do it and some dont.. although to be honest i havent done it since before christmas.. so im hoping this means i have stopped.

My life is relitively stress free right now, and its stress that makes me do it..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.