boyfriends

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by xbertyx, Mar 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xbertyx

xbertyx Member

my boyfriend really wants me to stop but he knows he cant make me. so he doesnt force me to stop , just supports me. i cant stop though, even for him :unsure::sad:
    what does your panterner think of your self harm?
    :mellow:

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Your partner sounds very supportive of you. If you get to a place where you want to stop/change what's happening in your life maybe seeking professional support would help that become a reality.

I personally don't have a partner, so I can't actually answer that part of your question.

3. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Your bf does sound really supportive. Is there a reason you don't want to stop cutting?

:arms:

4. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

my boyfriend has been dealing with my self harm since we started dating almost 6 years ago. At the beggining he tried to make me stop, very supportive. then he used to get mad at me because he thought i didnt wanted to stop(when i did wanted). then he implemented guilt, with the popular" it hurts me if u hurt yourself" and now, so much time later he just dont ask anything about it. He knows thatt i do it because i feel i need it, because i feel my body asks for it, and yes he complains a Lot about me not going to see a doc, but he never spoke again about self harm, its like hes giving me some space, idk, i find it very confortable but i dont go showing him the new scars because i know it hurts him.

5. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

My bf saw my recent cuts last night..He didn't have a go at me, but he just gave me a hug. It's nice he understands in a way. I really want to stop so he won't have to worry, but it's easier said than done.

6. Buggsy2008

Buggsy2008 Well-Known Member

I dont have one so cant answer that.

I dont tend to let people see the scars though.. id feel like i was attention seeking if i mentioned it.

Some people know i do it and some dont.. although to be honest i havent done it since before christmas.. so im hoping this means i have stopped.

My life is relitively stress free right now, and its stress that makes me do it..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.