BPD Traits

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Phoenix1985, Apr 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phoenix1985

Phoenix1985 Well-Known Member

I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder in September last year. The last few weeks I've been having a lot of problems getting to sleep which has really been affecting my moods. So today I went to the Mental Health Services section of the Ipswich Health Service to see if there was something that could be done for me, ie medication wise because a councellor at uni suggested it. Anyways I saw a social worker who is convinced I DON'T have bipolar, but have borderline personality traits instead. He's going to ring me tomorrow to most likely set up a psychiatrist assessment for me to see what's going on. May I just say oh yay. Went in for some 'simple' sleeping problems and came out most likely going to get a psych assessment and different diagnosis!!

now I don't know if I feel angry, sad, scared or what....

Well, hopefully that makes sense.

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

It's always hard when you go in for something and come out with something else and have not had any time to mentally prepare for that. I really feel for you because a similar thing happened to me.

Whatever you feel is ok, but try to remember that a label means very little, it just means that they are trying their hardest to work out how to help you.

Hopefully having a psych assessment might be a good step forward because you will also be able to discuss your sleeping problems and such there too and maybe see if they can do anything to help you.

I have BPD so if you want to chat or anything, feel free to PM me :)

3. Phoenix1985

Phoenix1985 Well-Known Member

Thank you. Being diagnosed bipolar was easier because of having had the chance to mentally prepare - like you said, because I got a referral to a psychologist for depression issues but I thought I may have had bipolar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.