Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Leiaha, Jan 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

Just a question, any ideas welcome:-

Why do Doctors/Therapists/mental health profs, dislike working with BPD patients in general?

Lea :hug:
  2. lost_child

lost_child Well-Known Member

I've no idea why, but from speaking to a friend who works in the mental health this is what he says about BPD....

I paniced because my shrink put I had it on my notes and I don't agree with it...what my friend said could suggest why people wont don't like to "work with people with BPD"

'Anyone who behaves out of the ordinary could be labelled as BPD, so its a crap label and best avoided, as it just allows the so called professionals to put you in a box, so bollocks to that label'

Take a look at people around you, who annoy you, upset you or act strange, and then consider that they could also be called BPD!

If that is allowed to remain on your record, it would mean that they treat you far worse than normal and if anything kicks off, they can say, "we told you she was BPD!"

he said to me....."in my eyes and experience, you are not BPD, just someone who has little trust in others, someone who is scared of most people and who uses levels of defence to keep people away from you" and I've known him for 3 years!
  3. poodle

poodle Member

People with BPD are notoriously difficult to treat. That's why they don't like working with BPDers.

There is no cure, only treatments for the symptoms.
  4. porcelain child

porcelain child Well-Known Member

That crap...

There are loads of people with BPD.. i have traits of it..

5. Vacuity

Vacuity Member

People with Borderline Personality Disorder are considered to be manipulative, therefore difficult to work with and to give treatment. Apparently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.