Brace yourselves......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaos General

lol i seem to have taken over Let It All Out recently. I guess i have a lot of frustration, but one thing above all bugs me more than anything on here and its the most fundamental flaw people have on here. Its listening.

I know it might sound stupid but people on here dont know how to listen. When someone is depressed they want someone to listen to them, not sit their feeling even worse because someone has just turned their problem into their own. Recently ive been getting the same thing off people i talk to off here, no-one listens to me on SF, everyone hates me on their, they make it all about themselves. Oh i know no-one on here is trained or anything but would it kill people to just listen once in a while? This site could be so much better instead of pulling people more and more into themselves.

Chat is another thing that people constantly complain about. Let me tell you why. When i first joined, people in chat was friendly, whenever someone was in trouble etc. everything stopped and we helped each other. Now its just...like school. Their are groups of people who only talk to whoever is in that specific group and they consistently stroke their e-penises and over inflate their own egos. Anyone who is suicidal now just gets blanked. People get belittled by internet tough guys who as far as i can tell dont even know what depression is. Their are thousands of chat rooms out their where you can act like an asshole, why choose this one? Hell just make a open group on facebook and you can have a chat their as well. Im permanently banned from their and probably always will be, but i aint gonna be silenced when im speaking on behalf of other people who feel they are being bullied by people on here.

Im willing to chat to anyone on msn which is why you will find it next to my name on here, but bear in mind, i can be a asshole on occassion. Especially if im having a bad day, and that is no reflection on anyone. I will never delete anyone off their without good cause. Good cause means if your threatening or generally being an asshole and even then ill tell you to calm it down. Blocking people on msn aint me. If you add me on facebook, beware, thats where i hide most of my crazy.

Kaos General

Oh look my own thread, guess ill be insensitive to myself. Seriously, people need to get their heads into reality. Oh but god forbid people actually question the very dubious nature of something which i still think is a load of crap, or the fact people need to get a sense of fucking perspective. Oh but i forgot, we must tiptoe around peoples feelings and let them remain where they are. Stay in your depression people, because anything otherwise is against the rules and will be edited

foreverforgotten

Quiet Observer 🦋
SF Supporter
I know what you mean about the chat thing.
Its true. Seems a lot more unfriendly than the forums.
And I understand and agree with you on the listening thing.
Though listening is easier than finding the right thing to say back.
:/ that's hard.

Sadeyes

Staff Alumni
I usually do not respond to threads like these, but W has given me an outlet to support his point and add my feelings of sadness...when someone comes into chat hurting, this is not the time to talk about your nail polish, or video games, tell another member you hug them, etc...I have seen this too many times when someone wants to talk and the next person is random and insensitive...please do not add to someone feeling devalued...I know chat can be used for many purposes, and I am glad it is, but PEOPLE please understand that our first and foremost mission is to support ppl in pain...can we be more attentive please??? OK, rantlette over...and thanks W for the place to put this...J

Sorry, just have to bring this back as I honestly know what shit your on about, wheen I joined and first entered chat, to talk about anything and join in and just watch what others say I was introduced to chat nicely, but slowly got to know people and Iwas like, so bloody not wanted in chat, even though I went in chat at my lowest, but got ignorred and their was no-one in any of the other rooms to chat to. This site is a very kind site very sensative to, well compared to most websites, but it's not the best to gain advice when your at your worst because I've seen posts that someone is at their worst and all people say is don't do it you'll rgreat ir or just a simple hug :hug: How is that meant to help again???
No it won't like thats going to stop someone you should tell them to call crisis or something, if they refuse all help given to them, then just leave them, if you talk to me through PM and I haven't replied it because you were reluctant to take any of my advice I had wasted my time to write up paragraphs of useful in fo and get a reply saying "But I don't want to" Whats the fuking point most of the time, it wouldn't kill you to say THANKS would it? Know for all the people who have clicked in chat together and made their own little group and are hoping to isolate peole xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thank you for posting this thread AngerFist!

Last edited by a moderator:

nolonger

I think chat rooms 'in general' have a pointlessness to them. The only real reason people go into them is because they have nothing better to do. I'm making the assumption that if you actually had somethnig 'better' to do, you wouldn't be in there.

I don't really go in chat rooms to begin with. Mainly because I have nothing to talk about. My life is extremely stagnant/boring so it's not like I have a whole lot of things to babble about, lol.

Sometimes people don't have sufficient experience to be able to provide advise, so on occassion, giving a hug emoticon is all someone can really show.

I think the forum part of the website is a lot more effective because you can 'compile' a response, instead of chat being the case of trying to conjure something up within half a second.

It can vary from person to person. Some people are 'chat' people, and other people are 'forum' people.

doityourself

Yep I to have been ignored or felt like I shouldnt have come on in chat here. I guess Im lucky to have a thick skin and not really take what others think to heart, we all have bad days and its nice that we can come here to support each other esp knowing how that person feels.

Ive decided to never go to chat here again, which is a shame because it sure could help in immediate situations, but the reality of it is, its a chat room.

No advice, just wanted to let you know Im listening

Sorry, just have to bring this back as I honestly know what shit your on about, wheen I joined and first entered chat, to talk about anything and join in and just watch what others say I was introduced to chat nicely, but slowly got to know people and Iwas like, so bloody not wanted in chat, even though I went in chat at my lowest, but got ignorred and their was no-one in any of the other rooms to chat to. This site is a very kind site very sensative to, well compared to most websites, but it's not the best to gain advice when your at your worst because I've seen posts that someone is at their worst and all people say is don't do it you'll rgreat ir or just a simple hug :hug: How is that meant to help again???
No it won't like thats going to stop someone you should tell them to call crisis or something, if they refuse all help given to them, then just leave them, if you talk to me through PM and I haven't replied it because you were reluctant to take any of my advice I had wasted my time to write up paragraphs of useful in fo and get a reply saying "But I don't want to" Whats the fuking point most of the time, it wouldn't kill you to say THANKS would it? Know for all the people who have clicked in chat together and made their own little group and are hoping to isolate peole xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thank you for posting this thread AngerFist!
I dont go into chat like i used to, i have my own reasons for this though.
You exited the main room for another, i knew something was wrong.
I followed you and tried to offer support.
You ranted and then ignored me, all i wanted to do was offer help.
Chat is like anything, it takes time to get to know people, for many it is an escape from their day to day shit.
There are rooms for general talk and rooms for serious stuff too.

I dont go into chat like i used to, i have my own reasons for this though.
You exited the main room for another, i knew something was wrong.
I followed you and tried to offer support.
You ranted and then ignored me, all i wanted to do was offer help.
Chat is like anything, it takes time to get to know people, for many it is an escape from their day to day shit.
There are rooms for general talk and rooms for serious stuff too.
Chat froze, what was I meant to do. Was going to drop you a PM oppoligising, but felt as though you didn't want to hear it, thanks anyway x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00