• Hi - if you have tried to donate and found that it hasn't worked please can you hit me up in PM? (Freya) I am trying to figure out with paypal what the issue is and they are asking for more data. It doesn't seem to be affecting everyone. Thank you so much :)
  • The SF mobile app is available for download from the resources page. The app is free for all members. It will allow you to get notifications on your mobile device whenever a thread or forum you watch has a new post, when your thread or posts get replies, when you receive a private message, etc. Chat is not accessible on the app as it conflicts with the software on the site. The links to download are in the resources area - https://www.suicideforum.com/community/resources/categories/example-category.1/

Brain perception of getting dumped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chargette

I've been dumped and I agree with this article.

Science has finally confirmed what anyone who's ever been in love already knows: Heartbreak really does hurt.

In a new study using functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI), researchers have found that the same brain networks that are activated when you're burned by hot coffee also light up when you think about a lover who has spurned you.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/03/28/burn.heartbreak.same.to.brain/index.html?hpt=C2

johnnysays

Did it mention that when a ex-lover thinks about his or her past lover that the same brain region that lights up during drug use or some other addiction lights up? Somehow addiction and love are connected.

Axiom

Account Closed
addiction for me is associating thoughts with feelings in a circular state that grow each time. Sounds kinda like one aspect of love I guess... I guess. What a crude and limited perception on love no? Perhaps like.. one aspect of love, but not all love..

Loves alot more then that. In my opinon.

Regardless, I'm sorry you've got the short end of the stick in your releationship :hug: keep your head up, there's someone out there that will love you for who you are, and not make you feel like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$100.00
Goal
$255.00