Brand new here

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by jessanne, Sep 17, 2016.

1. jessanne

jessanne Member

I think I have been depressed throughout my whole pregnancy and now my baby is two months old and I'm still having issues. I feel as if my children would be so much better off without me. Surely my husband hates me, how could he not? He would be better off without me as well. I just want to crawl in a hole and die. I am so unworthy, unhappy, unloved, so useless and ridiculous. I hurt so so badly. God I just hurt inside so much. I hate this.

2. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

welcome to SF.

hope being here on the forum proves useful to you

it's a great place for support and 1 of us (several of us), will be here when ever you need us

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Jessanne and welcome to SF. Sorry to hear that you are feeling down in the dumps. Please see a doctor about the thoughts you are having, maybe you have post natal depression? I hope thing improve for you, please keep talking to us. :)

4. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Have you heard of post partum depression? Its pretty common after the birth of a child. Doctor's can treat it. I hope you will talk to yours about it.

5. DadzTruk

DadzTruk Member

jessanne,

I'm sorry you are having a really tough time, but I can promise you that your kids would not be better off without you. No person that has ever experienced the loss of a loved one has ever felt better off because of it. I've definitely never dealt with PPD if that's what it is, but I have felt like crawling in a hole and just giving up. Life can really though us a curveball sometimes and begin to overwhelm us. If we aren't careful those thoughts can begin to snowball. That's why it's so important that you speak with a professional counselor that can help you cope with whatever you are facing. There is nothing wrong with admitting you are having these feelings and there's nothing wrong with seeking help. Life will turn around. I promise. I've been there. Praying that you receive some comfort and hope. Do not give up.