Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Sa Palomera, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

Okay I've been having this discussion with someone and I need to know your opinions/knowledge :tongue:

When is something breakfast, when brunch and when lunch?

You see, I always say, it doesn't matter what time it is, if you're having your first food of the day, it's breakfast. But this other person.. Well she says something about... brunch is in between breakfast and lunch (which I agree with :smile: ), and that

breakfast is between 5am-9am, brunch between 9am-noon, lunch noon-3pm.. Then between 3pm and 5pm you can snack though it's not recommended, and dinner is from 5pm-7pm.

You see that can't possibly be true, because that'd mean that I never have breakfast, sometimes have brunch and sometimes lunch, barely ever snack, and have dinner once a week. And seeing as 7pm-5am is nothing.. I have "nothing" a WHOLE LOT! :blink: :tongue:

Today I haven't eaten anything yet, it's now almost 2.30pm and in an hour or so I'm gonna eat something. I'd say "I'm having breakfast" cos it's the first food I'm gonna eat (sandwich btw), but apparently it's a... not-really-recommended snack :unsure: :tongue:

Okay, opinions please! :tongue: :tongue:

*ducks slap from Beak* :hiding:
  2. JBird

JBird Well-Known Member

no no no no no no no no no no no no no!!!

breakfast is breakfast and the most important meal of the day because it's meant to eaten FIRST THING IN THE MORNING! to prepare you for the rest of the day ahead. eating it early will help you concerntrate and blah blah blah. you, madame, don't eat breakfast because you don't have to prepare for school or work between 5am and 9am. hmph

also, you shouldn't eat after 8/9pm (unless you're going to be out drinking) because going to bed on a full stomach isn't healthy!

3. Sa Palomera

but what if you wake up at say... 4pm?? and first thing you do is eat.. aka HAVE BREAKFAST!
  4. JBird

JBird Well-Known Member

nope! if you wake up at 4pm then you are very very lazy and should punish yourself by only having a snack until 5pm when you can have dinner.
  5. Sa Palomera

a snack as in what you call snack and I call breakfast, you mean? :tongue:

Okay other people's opinions? :tongue:
  6. JBird

JBird Well-Known Member

a snack as in some fruit or crisps hmph
  7. Patch

Patch Well-Known Member

ahh...breakfast lunch and brunch.

breakfast is what is eaten first thing in the morning, BUT it can also be eaten later in the day if what you eat is a breakfast food (ie. cereal, toast) and its the first thing you've eaten. Lunch follows pretty much the same rule, anything eaten after breakfast that is a lunch food (ie. sandwich, soup), or anything eaten in the middle of the day. Brunch is kind of a fancy-pants breakfast with lots a fruit and a glass of orange juice. It has to be large and it has to be eaten in the late morning-early afternoon.
    :biggrin: yep.
  8. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

Breakfast is the most important meal b/c it fuels you and gives you energy to start the day. I however don't eat
  9. JBird

JBird Well-Known Member

hmph, that so wasn't the deal kelly lol
  10. Sa Palomera

yay!!! :biggrin: Go Patch!
    That's just like my view..

What's your view on dinner then? :smile:
  11. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Breakfast is early, brunch is after that, and lunch is mid day :tongue:
Thread Status: