breaking a promise

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by total eclipse, Sep 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I promised i would not interfer with professionals if my daughter got help as i know i cannot help her really. I want to break this promise and go up and take her home she is cutting again and drinking and they locked her up. It is like all this is happening to me and i want to go get her and run and hide It is so confusing because it is like when i am protecting her i am protecting me
    God i can't make sense of this there is just so much fear now anxiety now
    Should i break my promise and just go up and get her she is not getting well she is still harming her self and crying to me for help.
    i should help her i should go get her what kind mother lets someone else take care of their child i don't get this i know she is an adult but she isn't in her mind she isn't.
    why god can't i just go get her and look after her why do they all just tell me to let professionals take care of her they are not she is hurting herself agian.
    my brain get so full of fear so much anxiety i feel so lost wheni am like this looking for help noone is there. why wasn't anyone there. she needs me god she needs me
  2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Keep your promise hun. Getting her only reinforces the negative behaviors. One of the hardest things a parent has to do is watch their child suffer. But there comes a time we must let them fail and hope they learn. If we always bail them out we are enabling them which keeps them from getting better. Help her to heal by not allowing her to believe what she is doing is okay. She needs you to be strong. :hug:
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I know but i am not strong i had my twin go see her because i know if igo ijust can't go i have to stop being there for her i have to let her grow up She is so alone I think she calls me because she know i feel same pain she knows i understand she knows how to send me back to a place where i am helpless and i am so afraid and i just wanted hellp no one came no one now i am doing this to her not going to take her home all these dam thought emotions are mine from the past i can't seem to seperate our pain why do they all come in as one. This is where all the confusion comes from i can't seperate my pain from hers it is so hard so dam confusing
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.