Breaking my bones

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by lelantgirl, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lelantgirl

lelantgirl Well-Known Member

I have real strong urges to break the bones in my left hand/fingers, just this hand and nowhere else on body.
    is this a strange form of self harm or not?
    I usually cut, but feel like breaking my fingers.............and right now....................I just need some kind of release.............
    I am totally lost on this planet and wish could slip away...........
    Anyone know about bone breaking?
    Thanks.

2. pppqp

pppqp Well-Known Member

hey there lelantgirl, i'm pretty sure its another form of self harm
    i'm not an expert on how to stop self harming but i know mostly it's the spur of the moment
    my only advice i'm able to give is for you is to count you breaths. breath in and out slowly and count them just for a few minutes.
    you'll feel calmer honey.

hugs to you. stay safe please xxx

3. Sea Sparkles

Sea Sparkles Well-Known Member

It's a form of self-harm. Please seek help before you self-harm. It's not something you want to get into.

Take care-
    Sea

4. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

i have heard of cutting, but bone breaking is a whole nother level! please, i would beg you not to do it. it will really hurt. stay here with us and just post your comments on how you are feeling hun. no, you are not totally lost on this planet, dont' wish you could slip away, what you are going through is just temporary.

5. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Please lelantgirl, don't get into bone breaking. With cutting, you can at least bandage up your wounds when you're done. But if you break the bones in your hand, you could lose the use of that hand permanently. Is that something that you really want? I realize that you're looking to relieve some tension or stress, but you have to come up with something else.

6. truthhurts

truthhurts Well-Known Member

hey, i should also warn u that these effects can be pretty permanent. i myself have also felt like breaking my fingers in the heat of the moment, but i'm glad i haven't. tho i've broken 3-4 bones by accident [maybe 4 cuz i'm not sure of one], 3 were fingers, one of which is still bugging me from time to time. since i play the piano and guitar, it's a serious bother when my left pinkie suddenly starts throbbing when i've played for a while. it looks normal, meaning it wasn't a very serious injury [happened in volleyball practise, no open wound], but even now that about 2 years have passed, it's still giving me occasional pain and i can't do what i love properly because of that. though actually wearing a glove to keep the finger warm helps me play more easily, but u can imagine how weird that must be to watch someone play piano with a glove xD. so yea, i'm saying u shud really be very careful with that, and if u absolutely must hurt yourself, try do it in as 'harmless' way as possible, if that makes sense. cuz if breaking those bones wud cause u permanent damage, i'm very sure u'd regret it after.

7. lelantgirl

lelantgirl Well-Known Member

THANKYOU EVERYONE for your kind replies. I have not been online for awhile, hence the delay in replying back to you all.
    I have NOT broken my bones, though have the urge to still wish to. There is no form of self harm that isn't painful but to me breaking a finger bone would be good in an ironic way, dont know why as I am a writer and rely on my hands, also live alone so would be lost.
    I guess cos I'm emotionally 'broken' then think if I break something physical on myself it will help even it out abit, it probably wouldn't but live in hope.

I will do all I can not to hurt myself, I cut my ankle this afternoon as could take nomore and was thinking about the bones then, but didn't...............

Thanks agian for all your replies, means alot. Take care all of you. xx

8. kote

kote Account Closed

honestly broken bones arent fun.

i speak from experience - i like to play rough so have had all sorts of injuries.

specific to you they had to pin my hand back together and it was agony. i still cant move the fingers properly even after rehab. even now after 7 years.

do not under any circumstances break any bones in your hands. not only is it seriously painful instantly and permanently - its a real pain in the arse dealing with a less abled hand.

i can understand your feeling about SH.......but from someone who has broken many bones - i wish i hadnt so much!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.