breast cancer

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by danni, Feb 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danni

danni Chat Buddy

well i heard from one of my best friends that she has breast cancer, that she went to the Dr and everything to get it check out and they told her it was cancer and its speading. Well the thing is she does have the money to get treatment for it or any insurance to help her. I really want to help her out and i don't know what to do and Im scared what do I do?

2. Does she live in the States? (I have too many comments on that, which I shall refrain from expressing). Perhaps the Breast Cancer Society in her area (they're everywhere!) might provide/have some ideas/sources/organizations that help out with folks who cannot afford to pay for treatment. Sorry - all I could think of - hopefully helpful...

<edit> Oh yeah - also The United Way might have some info as well...

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  3. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

I'll express them for you, Found.

Fuck this country and the politicians who willingly subject its people to insurance company hawks that consider medical insurance payout to be "losses" while championing militant nationalism, demonizing affordable and accessible healthcare as "communism", and purposefully polarizing and distracting the populous to keep them from uniting.

4. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

Now, did you mean to say that your friend doesn't have the money or insurance to get medical attention?

*Edit*

I think even if you cannot find a way to help her with her illness, you should just be there for her, by which I mean you should go see her and be with her.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2008
  5. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Danni, so sorry to hear about your friend. I lost my most special friend to breast cancer.
    Please try looking up some of the organizations FAL mentioned. You could also research it on the net. Then please just be there for your friend. It is the most important thing you can do to help her. I know for me and my friend, it created such special moments and memories that I will never forget. And being there for her for any reason or need meant so much to her. Help your friend fight this! My prayers for your friend's victory over this horrible demon.

6. danni

danni Chat Buddy

i ask even my mom for any adive and they gave me some but see some of the stuff is like 2 hrs away and we both dont have a car :sad: i'm being looking everything for her but it to far... No one gonna gives us a ride to there :sad:

7. Once again, I still don't know where you/your friend live, but here - there are volunteer organizations that will provide rides. And again, do try to find resources/information as I mentioned. There's SO much out there - but they won't come knocking on your door...!

Above all, it's really good that you're there for your friend...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.