breathing cheast pains exercise after 1yr

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by bestwishes, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bestwishes

bestwishes Member

I am in no immediate crisis although I am extremely emotional right now. going on 3 days no sleep...... all this (^&^&^& is bringing all my feeling to the surface I cant hide them away I have to feel them......maybe thats why i had a hard time j^^&^&^& I was on a high from eating a huge cinnamon roll and cappicuno as my last meal. should of went there like this would have been easier. dont reccomend meds or therapy......all that does is bring in ECT and what does that bring more depression and memory loss. I already have psychogenic amnesia. my crisis will come soon enough and to me it is not a negative it is as good as opening a christmas present. sorry i dont know what im saying.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

All I can say is that I hear what you have written and know those feelings so well...the world can be so overwhelming...but I must also suggest that there are other ways to reduce the stress other than ECT, which might be less costly to how you are feeling...big hugs, J

3. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

When we lack sleep we can't function properly. We become irrational, behave in ways that is not usual to us and can become very down etc. Don't make any decisions while you have not had sleep. Maybe head to your GP and ask for a couple of sleeping pills just so you can get yourself in to a rhythm of sleeping again. It may make things better for you once you can get some sleep.
    x

4. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

If you are having chest pains and labored breathing it is very common with an anxiety disorder or chronic stress. I am not entirely ruling out some physical disorder that a general practitioner may find. Chronic stress is not good for the body but your body does adapt and often with muscle spasms/physical pains.

In your title you mention exercise. If you have started an exercise program I would encourage you to not give up on it. Exercise is great for anxiety, depression and your self image. You mentioned ECT- I have been through through several rounds. In my experience any memory loss was eventually regained and my severe depressions were relieved. Clinical depression over time changes subtle structures of the brain and causes memory problems.

Please be more careful with your diet. A huge cinnamon roll will cause your blood sugar to crash and make you feel weak and agitated. Large doses of caffeine will give you the energy you lack from insomnia but only worsen your anxiety, deplete your seretonin levels and possibly still be in your system when you are trying to catch up on sleep.

Hang in there, you will find some balance and relief from this terrible time.

5. bestwishes

bestwishes Member

I think Im having chest pains because I haven't exercised in a year and I just jumped into

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.