Brief introduction

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by quest, Oct 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quest

quest Member

I am Steve Hupp, 43 yr old male living in the state of Kentucky in the USA.

I feel for many on this site as I read thru the posts in different catagorys, I would like to share a little of my story.

I am a convicted serial bank robber who was released from federal prison 6 yrs ago, while in prison I lost both my parents, grand parents, my 17 yr marriage, contact with my 3 children and pretty much everything I owned.

When released I was pretty much homeless with no one. I had the FBI following me, Federal probation authorities on me. I felt alone and about to be swallowed alive by the federal system.

I had strong desires to end my life, either in one last great crime, or by taking as many cops with me as I could.

I look back on those dark days of isolation and dispair and I shudder at what I would not have known today had I acted on my self destructive desires.

I now have a house, a great relationship with my 3 children, and 3 step children which bring many smiles to my face. There were many small steps along the way. And many wonderful people who I was a stranger to, who gave me a second chance. I also had to give myself a second chance.

I am no longer under any kind of supervision from authorities, nor do I loath them any longer.

Today, when I see the stress in peoples faces because of the financial crisis or world events, I am confident of my ability to survive. One must survive before they can thrive.

In those dark days, I came to the conclusion that it did not matter if I felt like getting up, I had to get up. I had to focus on what I could do, and not dwell on what I couldnt do.

For those that feel that no one understands, please contact me, I understand. I will share with you how I worked through my struggles, depression, isolation and my own destructive desires.

Thank You Steve Hupp

2. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

welcome steve, great to see you have taken your 2nd chance and made a life out of it.

hope to see you around the forum.

3. Xenos

Xenos Well-Known Member

Wow, amazing story! So glad you're willing to help others with your past experiences. ^.^

Welcome to SF!

4. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

Welcome to the Forum, Steve! I love that quote and out of all you said that stuck in my brain the most. I hope to come to talk to you. But mainly I want to say that you have come through alot and not only survived but surpassed alot in your life. You should feel proud and feel accompished! :hug:

5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF. I am glad you survived your ordeal and have turned your life into a success story. Perhaps some people may find hope in it. :hug:

6. quest

quest Member

Thank you, I look forward to speaking with you.......Steve

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to the forum steve :arms:

8. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Welcome to sf :)

9. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF.

10. Samantha

Samantha Well-Known Member

>>>
    Hello Steve,

Apparently most inmates get deserted by their Relatives &Friends having been inside for more than 3 years is this true.?
    Normally guys spent hours at the gym this helps them feel better.

Samantha

11. quest

quest Member

normally after the first year is when friends and relatives start to fade away, of course there are exceptions, but it is what I observed.

I spent many hours on the weight pile and handball, and yes excercise is the key to staying mentally strong, and/or regaining ones mental health, but it helped in the predatory world of prison to be physically strong as well.

At times the weight pile was unavailable due to prison lock down, or times in isolation (the hole) and then I relied on push ups, sit ups, and running in place.

12. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

Hello Steve

It is nice to see that you have been able to turn your life around. And wanting to give it back to the community. I will send you a pm as I would like to know what made you turn your life around.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Nice to meet you.

13. PeaceBlueFire

PeaceBlueFire Well-Known Member

Amazing story Steve! I'm looking forward to seeing you around the forum. Peace :)

14. Samantha

Samantha Well-Known Member

>>>>>>
    Do a lot of inmates have penpals? like from websites like www.inmate.com
    is this just a way of them extracting money from penpals?
    Is it true the Jehovahs Witnesses witness to inmates too?

Are neuroleptic drugs Seroquel Major Tranquillisers handed out like candy to keep inmates quiet psychiatric drugs.

Is prison rape a problem ?

Are the Correctional Officers really nasty?

Samantha

15. quest

quest Member

Hi Samantha,

Some inmates do have penpals from websites friends and family setup, and yes I have seen some "work them" for money. My advice would be careful sending money to anyone sight unseen, charity and inmate alike.

As far as JW's working with prisoners I do not know, I was not seeking them out.

I saw few inmates being drugged, and I was at a regional medical center for the federal prison system. The ones that were doing the "thorazine shuffle" really needed it.

If you are being raped then it is a problem. But I never witnessed it myself.

CO's are people, some are real a-holes, some it was just a job, and some were ok.

Please keep in mind I was in Federal prison, and every prison system is different, just as every community is different.

Steve

16. quest

quest Member

Thank you all for the warm welcome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.