Broke my 2 month streak

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Lorax, Aug 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lorax

Lorax Well-Known Member

So i was a bit over 2 months, no cuts, or burns. 98% of the time i use cutting though. I was doing well at avoiding any SH.

Today i used a new thing. I won't say exactly what, <edit mod total eclipse method >I kind of went "blank" and ended up hurting again.

I guess we all slip into old patterns sometimes. Part of the healing process. Guess it just takes time.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2013
  2. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Indeed, when you find something that gives you comfort (in your case, inflicting self-harm on yourself), it is not just something you can give up cold turkey; the thing is that you do not think too much about your most recent event - it is perfectly normal to relapse time to time, as long as you do not keep at it until you reach the point where you disable yourself in any way (like cutting too deep on your wrist with a razor blade and fucking up the nerves in your whole arm that you have to live with... for an example).
  3. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

you did well to last 2 months

sorry you went back
  4. Lorax

Lorax Well-Known Member

Thought i would update you guys, haven't had any SH since that. Only a day i guess.. But still.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.