Broken hand

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by scribblez, Mar 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scribblez

scribblez Member

Got my hand in plaster after smashing it up on a wall. Really needed to hit something and the wall was the only alternative to the other half. I am really starting to lose the plot lately, not gonna end it but gonna destroy what life I do have.

2. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

First of all OUCH!!!!

And secondly i can relate to that. I have nearly broke my hand a few times in a rage and started punching wall, wardrobes and doors. Have a nice hole in the kitchen door where i decided to kick it >.< Hard to control so much emotion when in that frame of mind. I ver glad you didn't hit your other half. Although i am sorry that you ended up with such a bad injury from it.

I hope it mends quickly.

3. Scribblez, I know exactly how you feel, I was in an orthopedic splint (only because the bone re-aligned after the break). I got so sick of lying to people about what happend because I didn't want to be sent to another damn doctor to tell me I have problems and take this medicine and it should help the stupid chemical imbalance in my brain. When you get the cast off squezeing a tennis/racket ball helps to get rid of some of the annoying feeling that you will feel where the break healed.

Just out of curiosity, what bone(s) did you break?

Zebra

4. scribblez

scribblez Member

I broke the third,fourth and fifth metatarsal. The fifth is a green stick fracture.

Been to see the mental health crisis team at the hospital where a 21 year old tried to tell me to cheer up. I'm not coping at all at the moment.

5. i feel ya man i really do, i'm not coping at the moment either i am just merley trying not to kill myself. My life has gone to shit in the snap of a finger recently and being bi-polar just magnifies my problems. I broke the 3rd metacarpel (I believe? the one that goes from my middle nuckle to my wrist). All I remember is as soon as I hit the box (that had something metal inside) and my bone snapped I lost my balance, got sick to my stomach and started sweating but once that subsided some of my stress was gone but my hand hurt like hell :laugh:

Zebra

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.