broken heart

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by sophie_b, Apr 20, 2008.

1. sophie_b

sophie_b Well-Known Member

Its been just over a week since i split with my boyfriend. everythings a blur. i feel stuck all the time, like i cant function properly. i never knew how much i loved him until i lost him. ive never missed anyone so much in all my life. i miss his his voice, his touch, his smell... everything. its like a huge weight pressing on my chest that wont go away, that just grows heavier with every tear i shed! i havent left my house, i havent eaten or slept in over a week even though the hunger and tiredness is screamig at me! how i long to be near him, just see him 1 more time.
    He was my world
    is this what it feels like to have a broken heart?

2. DarnTired

DarnTired Antiquitie's Friend

I think so.

It's a hard thing to go through. It's a longing and a yearning and a feeling that what you want is beyond your control. I've felt that many times in my life.

Just recently, a relationship I was trying to cultivate ended before it really got started. I wanted so much to be important to another person that I was crushed when I realized it just wasn't going to happen.

This is going to sound like a cop-out, but the best thing to do is to hold on, with all your strength, to all the little things in life that give you some degree of pleasure, no matter how small. They may seem unimportant compared with your boyfriend, but if they make you happy, even for a few moments, then they are the most important things in the world.

But first, you need some sleep. Let yourself sleep for a while.