Broken promises

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by LonerForever, Jul 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LonerForever

LonerForever Well-Known Member

I made a promise not to cut. A promise that I wish I could keep. A promise I made thinking I could keep it at the time. But in making it, all I've done instead is bottle everything up till now I feel I could just explode and cut like never before. Every day I come across more razor blades and knives in my room. Instead of putting them away like I probably should I just hold them and imagine the relief they might bring. I made the promise to someone I hold very close to my heart, my soulmate no less. But when I think of my reasons not to cut, that features in them less and less. Instead I think it would be good if I cut. If I could just get rid of all these emotions then I could be a better man for her. I could protect her more. I'm shaking with the need to do it. Its either this, or I end it.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Throw your tools out okay and talk to someone okay let the emotions the pain out that way talk okay get some help hugs

3. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Can you talk to your loved one about your wanting to cut and the promise you might break? Maybe she can put away the tools for you (in a place where you can't reach them). :sad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.