broken relationship

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to know where to start with this. I'm usually a coherent writer, but this may be really unorganized.

My boyfriend just left me, a day or two ago. He and I had a lot of love for each other but we would get in terrible fights. I would get panicky and suicidal and everything over the abuse and pain. It was all verbal, emotional abuse. I would fight back sometimes and be hurtful to him, too. That's what we do out of defense, right? My behavior was never justified. I hated what I did. He obviously has a lot of pain, otherwise he wouldn't treat me like that..but why did he start doing it to me? I feel so guilty for everything. I feel guilty for the pain I've caused him, and for the abusive behavior I've engaged in. I was abused as a child and teen. I don't want anyone else to go through what I did. and I feel I've hurt him just as much. enough for him to leave me and make me homeless. I have only a few weeks til I'm kicked out, and I will have to live in a shelter.

It's hard to cope with his abuse, my abuse, my past abuse, all of it.. it all makes me sick and angry and extremely sad.
I miss him and love him so much. I just wanted things to be good. I would work so hard at trying to be calm and quiet and not provoking to him, I would walk on eggshells all the time. I just wanted to have good days with him. He would blow up so easily. and it was my fault. I'd ask him a question or have a hard time trusting him about something and he'd get so angry. he's mocked me, teased me, called me names, invalidated my feelings constantly, I just can't handle that kind of treatment. it burns you inside, it tears you apart because you know you don't deserve it. but part of you feels like you do. my family told me that so much growing up that somewhere I must believe I deserve that pain. I would lock myself in the bathroom when he would do this and yell that I'm going to kill myself. that guilt that comes along with saying that is unbearable at times.

So many times when I would talk about suicide, he would walk away from me and ignore me. or yell at me. he would yell at me when I'm crying on the floor. how can someone not try to help you, get help, or show they care in times like that? I held on in those moments because of my sister. I could never hurt her by leaving this earth. but he has ignited a fire in me. there's nothing more painful to me than the person you love and would die for ignoring your suicidal feelings, your deep pain.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Time hun for YOU okay to look out for YOU now okay you go to a shelter for people who are abused and you get the help you need to heal you get councelling okay You deserve Peace hun compassion You cannot focus on anyone else now but you Please do that get the care you need to heal for YOu Your sister will always need you hun so please take care of you now and let him go his way to heal hugs

Sadeyes

Staff Alumni
Although it is difficult, ending the relationship sounds like a good thing for you...maybe it is time to work on what you need so that you can have a relationship that is not abusive...that would be the best gift to give yourself from these hard times

northstar

Time hun for YOU okay to look out for YOU now okay you go to a shelter for people who are abused and you get the help you need to heal you get councelling okay You deserve Peace hun compassion You cannot focus on anyone else now but you Please do that get the care you need to heal for YOu Your sister will always need you hun so please take care of you now and let him go his way to heal hugs
Although it is difficult, ending the relationship sounds like a good thing for you...maybe it is time to work on what you need so that you can have a relationship that is not abusive...that would be the best gift to give yourself from these hard times
Thank you both for this support. Thank for you for reminding me these things that I know to be true in my heart.. it all gets clouded over by my pain and all the attachment issues I have.. being abandoned for so long makes you cling on so desperately to any bit of love you feel. Thanks for understanding and encouraging me. I may need this again soon. This is a daily, hourly struggle. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00