Browser Crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartwarmer

I've noticed that whenever I visit this website I will inevitably have a tab that crashes. The tab crashing infects my entire browser and I have to restart it. Specifically my browser will eventually tell me says,

"Gah. Your tab just crashed.
We can help!

Choose Restore This Tab to reload the page."

I use Firefox if that means anything. And I use this in a sandbox but don't have any problem with any other website. I'm afraid to use this site outside of a sandbox because 1: I'm afraid of viruses and 2: I think I can browse more privately in a sandbox. But again, it's only this website on which I have problems.

Thanks in advance to any response.

lifetalkz

Sorry to hear that-I've never had any of those problems with SF. If I knew more about IT I'd give you some advice but I don't. Good luck.

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
I really do not think it has anything to do with the site- it is a very very low resource usage site. If not using chat then it uses virtually none as we do not even have advertisements with cookie readers or any type of video or flash running . The issue is far more likely the multiple pages open , some of which have programs trying to run but since they are not in the active tab they are not running properly - likely have extra tabs so can quickly switch tabs if need be?

CodeX

Controversial Figure
SF Artist
I believe you are not using latest version of firefox ..firefox now runs each tab separately so if one tab crashes it wont effect entire browser.
Secondly if sand-boxing still has addons/extensions running .. then one of the extension might be the cause of crash.

Heartwarmer

I believe you are not using latest version of firefox ..firefox now runs each tab separately so if one tab crashes it wont effect entire browser.
Thanks.
I really do not think it has anything to do with the site- it is a very very low resource usage site. If not using chat then it uses virtually none as we do not even have advertisements with cookie readers or any type of video or flash running . The issue is far more likely the multiple pages open , some of which have programs trying to run but since they are not in the active tab they are not running properly - likely have extra tabs so can quickly switch tabs if need be?
This was really helpful, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00