brushing my teeth

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by meagainstme, Jul 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meagainstme

meagainstme Well-Known Member

sometimes (like just) i brush my teeth REALLY roughly and for ages. making sure my gums bleed and it all hurts. but now its been half an hour after and my gums are soooooooooooooo sore!!!

im so stupid sometimes
  2. asqy

asqy Well-Known Member

you dont want to do that... you're brushing away your gums and sooner or later your teeth will fall out.

maybe set a timer for 1 to 2 minutes and stop once it goes off. and if you arent already, using a soft brissled brush wouldnt hurt either.
  3. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

You're not stupid.. brushing your teeth until your gums bleed is rather common I think when it comes to self harming. Not as common as cutting etc but it's still up there. I've never done this myself, but you're certainly not alone. How are your gums now?

I agree with Xilon about the teeth falling out down the line and the timer, the timer sounds like a good idea. Take care of yourself. :hug:
  4. meagainstme

meagainstme Well-Known Member

havent done it since. it was not a satisfying feeling. my gums are feeling ok now :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.